in desperate need of front and rear stands for the zx9

Bankerdude

I should have my bike back from the shop in about a week. As soon as I get it back the wheels are coming off for powder coating and new rubber. Since this will be the rare occasion that I will need these stands I was hoping someone would let me rent/borrow a set for a week or two.

I've jacked up every i4 bike I've ever owned with either a bike stand or the ole floor jack/kickstand method. Never had a header dent. If you do the math, you already have a rear stand supporting half the weight of the bike, so there's maybe 220 lbs left to lift. Spread that over 4 pipes and its 55 lbs per headpipe with a floor jack and a 2x4 or 27.5 lbs per pipe with a harbor freight bike jack.

Just a suggestion, your mileage may vary.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

I've jacked up every i4 bike I've ever owned with either a bike stand or the ole floor jack/kickstand method. Never had a header dent. If you do the math, you already have a rear stand supporting half the weight of the bike, so there's maybe 220 lbs left to lift. Spread that over 4 pipes and its 55 lbs per headpipe with a floor jack and a 2x4 or 27.5 lbs per pipe with a harbor freight bike jack.

Just a suggestion, your mileage may vary.

This is the worst idea ever!! Find a front stand and do it right. Last thing you want to do is accidentally crush the pipes.

Just left my shadow sitting on a car floor jack, the kickstand and a concrete block all weekend. Barring earthquakes or mischievous monkeys playing on it should be fine. Sure fancy shmancy spool stands would be better, but who has the time....