season opener april 6 ?

NinjaDoc

Dude! I just went through this yesterday! In fact, there was 5 of us that left work in the morning yesterday. Seems to be a 24 hr bug.

I feel fine today and will be showing up for the ride!

My head's pounding like it's gonna explode!

I just hope it's 24hr.

I leave for Reno on Tuedsay !

Have a good safe ride today !

Come on sun, poke through the damn clouds.

My head's pounding like it's gonna explode!

I just hope it's 24hr.

I leave for Reno on Tuedsay !

Have a good safe ride today !

Feel better!

back home, good ride guys. Hope all of you reached home safe. I am so glad to reach home in one piece. When tpoppa got ahead it became ruff, and when ryan joined it became scrary, first ride and being cold and all no one seemed to be bothered. I am really thinking of getting a bigger sport touring bike and going for cruise now seeing how crazy it got :D.

Pretty good season opener for me. Nice to see some old faces and meet a couple new ones. Thanks for towing the old man around. Had a good time. Doc. You are no longer allowed to call the pace of a ride. Just sayin.

I am really thinking of getting a bigger sport touring bike and going for cruise now seeing how crazy it got :D.

Nivin, we all have days that we are just "not feeling it", don't let that rattle your confidence. I have rode with you on days that you are tearing it up! You are a great rider. Keep posting rides way in advanced, I can't believe how nice the day turned out. Great to meet new people and always great to ride with friends again. Can't wait until we are able to do the 300+ mile rides and head a little more south. Until next ride...

Dave G.

Thanks to all of you guys for letting me join your ride. It was nice to meet everyone. Sorry if I slowed the pace down. I was just starting to get into the groove towards the end. Hope to ride with you all again sometime.

Fun ride! The cold sucked on the way out, but the ride wasn't horribly cold.

The roads were pretty good other than the normal debris and obstacles. Hopefully we get a nice heavy rain to clean the rest of the shit off and then it warms up after.

back home, good ride guys. Hope all of you reached home safe. I am so glad to reach home in one piece. When tpoppa got ahead it became ruff, and when ryan joined it became scrary, first ride and being cold and all no one seemed to be bothered. I am really thinking of getting a bigger sport touring bike and going for cruise now seeing how crazy it got :D.

Nivin, you were going at a pretty damn quick pace on the first road that was smooth. Then you hit the roads with rough surfaces and I really think it messed with your head, because you slowed down noticeably(not sure if you noticed). I don't want that to sound like it is a bad thing, because the ride isn't a race and hopefully everyone was riding at a pace they were comfortable with. You were a little less comfortable, and you slowed up; that is the right choice.

My intention when coming to the front wasn't to drive everyone to go faster(unless they wanted to); I just wanted to practice a few things to try and break some bad habits I've formed over the years. I'm pretty happy going at a slower pace; the ride I led last week was slower than when you were in the lead today and I am still :D after both.

BTW if you think that was crazy, you should have stuck with us on 43,39 and 542 :D

Great ride man, I look forward to the next one!

Thanks to all of you guys for letting me join your ride. It was nice to meet everyone. Sorry if I slowed the pace down. I was just starting to get into the groove towards the end. Hope to ride with you all again sometime.

We were going a bit quicker than advertised......I think everyone has learned to expect that from a Doc ride :cool: I'm sure everyone on the ride was perfectly fine with pausing for a moment for everyone to regroup. Hopefully it will warm up a bit more and we won't have to wear 15 layers to stay mildly warm for the next ride.

NEVER be ashamed for thinking your slowing the pace down. That could be the difference in have two wheels on the ground or your bike turned over in a ditch. (Trust me I know). The group WILL wait for you. Ride at the pace your comfortable with. Anything out of your range is dangerous. I don't mean to sound nasty about it, but it's the truth. Some people make the twisties look way easier then they actually are. No matter how much dumb shit we do, how often we all speed, we know in the back of our heads our limits. Some just get better faster. Some it takes years. This will be my third season of twisties and I'm still nervous sometimes.

EDIT:: and don't be afraid to ask for advice or tips. No one here will look down on you, most of these guys will take you under their wing and help as much as they can. Just ride safely. At YOUR pace.

Edited by bshultz0930

EDIT:: and don't be afraid to ask for advice or tips. No one here will look down on you, most of these guys will take you under their wing and help as much as they can. Just ride safely. At YOUR pace.

the only time you need to be afraid is when the track guys try to take you into their trailers

In all seriousness Brandon is completely right. Everyone needs to ride their own pace/ride whether is a group ride or on your own. The downfall of group rides is people tend to think it needs to be a tight pack. Staying tight is an easy way to ride faster than your normal pace/experience/ability and not even realize it till it is too late.

Edited by RHill

sorry, didnt even get to talk to you at length because it was midway of the ride, but you did good by hanging on to your comfortable pace.

Thx guys, but seriously from the start from home i was uncomfortable with the ride. No confidence at all, i kept telling tpoppa to go ahead so i dont have to keep pushing myself. but the road became bad and pace became faster lol But seeing the pace keep building up i was really thinking do i like this kind of fast ride or just sport cruising which i did few weeks back. I mean when it becomes warm, pretty much we gonna end up doing this again and getting used to this pace ride again, will it be worth the adrenaline rush.

Even jerry who keeps saying slow sown to enjoy the ride took off saying i have only few years left :D and now he says i posted wrong pace lol All good riders showed up today, no new riders and all wanted to go fast. Its never me posting the wrong speed, its all the good riders showing up spicing it up :p

one thing for sure, when we go to gap no more fire on tail stuff, slow down, stops, pics video and enjoy the day :D ryan bring an hp restricted bike lol