2013 Pepper Thread

AWW$HEEET

i got them all into the ground this weekend. took a full 3 hours just to get them all in. not counting the time it took to till the bed, etc. the garden is quite a site. can't wait until the plants get some size on them.

unbelieveable how much time i have invested into this already. i think i may investigate trying to sell to restaurants. my yield is going to be borderline ridiculous.

I had 50 bean plants last year, I thought i was going to have over 100 lbs of beans. I ended up with 2 beans.... bugs, drought, an animal getting into the garden.... ugh. I'm thinking about putting up netting this year. Good luck with your pepper plants!

the woman finally decided on a trip to pick up some veggies. To get her feet wet she is just starting with a single plant of each broccoli, cucumber, string bean, tomato, sweet banana pepper, some hot red pepper i forget the name and a strawberry plant. Hopefully things go well so the more she gets the hang of this the more she can expand and make this a hobby to take up her time off over the summer

the woman finally decided on a trip to pick up some veggies. To get her feet wet she is just starting with a single plant of each broccoli, cucumber, string bean, tomato, sweet banana pepper, some hot red pepper i forget the name and a strawberry plant. Hopefully things go well so the more she gets the hang of this the more she can expand and make this a hobby to take up her time off over the summer

I've heard that strawberry plants don't really produce their first year, maybe a berry or two, but the 2nd year is when it happens - this has been my experience so far too, I'm on my 2nd year and my plants look awesome.

Also, broccoli is hard. Both me and another girl i know tried to grow brocolli last year and all we got is more broccoli seeds, no edible broccoli.

Post up some pics/results when it happens! :)

I've heard that strawberry plants don't really produce their first year, maybe a berry or two, but the 2nd year is when it happens - this has been my experience so far too, I'm on my 2nd year and my plants look awesome.

Also, broccoli is hard. Both me and another girl i know tried to grow brocolli last year and all we got is more broccoli seeds, no edible broccoli.

Post up some pics/results when it happens! :)

yea those are the 2 I've had zero experience with and we just kind of got them on an experimental basis. All the others I've planted before with my grandpa in his garden when I was a kid so hoping those produce!

We got crap-loads of broccoli last year. The kids picked it nearly every night. Spinach, kale, romain, peas, beans....

We have three blackberry bushes beside the house that produce all summer.

We got crap-loads of broccoli last year. The kids picked it nearly every night. Spinach, kale, romain, peas, beans....

We have three blackberry bushes beside the house that produce all summer.

How??? :) I srsly had 4 broccoli plants and they got huge, but never made broccoli, just seeds. i still don't know what i did wrong.

How??? :) I srsly had 4 broccoli plants and they got huge, but never made broccoli, just seeds. i still don't know what i did wrong.

I wonder if you didn't harvest it soon enough. The edible broccoli is down in the plant. By the time it flowers, it's too late. Look in between the leaves when it gets bigger.

I wonder if you didn't harvest it soon enough. The edible broccoli is down in the plant. By the time it flowers, it's too late. Look in between the leaves when it gets bigger.

So, i definitely had a start of a broccoli head, but they never got bigger than about the size of a quarter, then they would start flowering. It happened twice to each of my plants.

• 3 months later...

Fizzer if ya like I can put you in contact with a buddy of mine that gets seeds of all types of peppers maybe he can hook ya up with some new ones. You have that new jigsaw one yet? Don't know the names 100% lol

Sure, sounds good, I haven't had the jigsaw yet, just growing some of the morugas, ghosts, and reapers this year. If you need any let me know, a few go a long way!

Sure, sounds good, I haven't had the jigsaw yet, just growing some of the morugas, ghosts, and reapers this year. If you need any let me know, a few go a long way!

Ours didnt do so well this year. Lasr year we had hundreds of ghosts which i love. I'll take some ghosts and would love to try the morugas if you can spare. Are those the Trinidad Morugs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lol I font eat that hot shit u got a fb?

I'll send you a PM in the next few days

Ours didnt do so well this year. Lasr year we had hundreds of ghosts which i love. I'll take some ghosts and would love to try the morugas if you can spare. Are those the Trinidad Morugs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yep, have ghosts, trinidad moruga scorpions, and the newer Carolina Reapers. How many do you want of each, and I can either do frozen or dried. Are you anywhere near/do you come to Columbus? Send me a PM and we'll figure something out, I have far too many to use myself.

Fizzer if ya like I can put you in contact with a buddy of mine that gets seeds of all types of peppers maybe he can hook ya up with some new ones. You have that new jigsaw one yet? Don't know the names 100% lol

Negative rep.

On accident, my bad lol

If dry and hot makes them better, I might have to toss a few in the ground here next spring... Maybe order a ton online and eat to find out which ones I like enough to grow