Undercut Trans Shops In Central Ohio?

just_some_dude

Why? Not being a smartass, seriously why?

Bike is in pieces. Originally, took the bike completely apart because the trans was acting funky. Keep a long story short, some dogs are worse than others on gears. At this point, I could get a 3 gears new, plus a shift fork, for about $500. But, eventually all the dogs will be in poor condition. So, instead I thought to just undercut the dogs and fix it that way. Called a place and they quoted at 375 for whole tranny. Didn't know if there was any local place that could handle the job.

Bike is in pieces. Originally, took the bike completely apart because the trans was acting funky. Keep a long story short, some dogs are worse than others on gears. At this point, I could get a 3 gears new, plus a shift fork, for about $500. But, eventually all the dogs will be in poor condition. So, instead I thought to just undercut the dogs and fix it that way. Called a place and they quoted at 375 for whole tranny. Didn't know if there was any local place that could handle the job.

You're putting that into a bike that's barely worth 1000?

Have you thought about parting it out on eBay and getting a new bike?

You're putting that into a bike that's barely worth 1000?

Have you thought about parting it out on eBay and getting a new bike?

sigh... I have to go through this every time I post :).

I paid 500 for it, I could probably buy another for 500. I've put thousands into it and for what reason? Because I can. If I start to try to make sense... well, there is not much sense to it.

• Upvote 1

sigh... I have to go through this every time I post :).

I paid 500 for it, I could probably buy another for 500. I've put thousands into it and for what reason? Because I can. If I start to try to make sense... well, there is not much sense to it.

Motorcycling is about passion. If you try to make sense out of it you're missing the point. It's your bike, you enjoy it so do what you want with it.:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Why spend 375 plus gaskets time etc to do a half ass job thats only going to get worse over time. If your going to do it do it right.

Motorcycling is about passion. If you try to make sense out of it you're missing the point. It's your bike, you enjoy it so do what you want with it.:rolleyes:

+2

who cares if they keep giving you crap, i bought a wrecked 2000 zx6r and spent probably close to $2000 making it a streetfighter. not even back to stock. but its my bike, i designed it from the ground up and love every imperfection about it! to ride your bike properly, you MUST LOVE your bike and take care of it. not part it out on ebay to get something better. keep the commitment going.