Suzuki mid-way through bankruptcy?

NinjaNick

Been reading this on some sites. Could the years to come eventually be Suzuki free? I guess we will see huh?

Did they finally 86 their automobile line? That shit never made them much money.

Bikes on clearance, no new models ever, etc...

Suzuki begins cutting motorcycle, ATV dealers

Publish Date:

Mar 20, 2013

By Mary Slepicka

BREA, Calif. - Suzuki will be culling its U.S. dealer network after its Chapter 11 reorganization is finalized later this month, Dealernews has learned.

Dealers this week began receiving letters from American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) notifying them whether their franchise would be picked up by Suzuki Motor America Inc., which is the name of the reorganized company and designated the "purchaser" in the Chapter 11 filing.

"ASMC is assuming certain dealer agreements and other contracts and assigning them to Purchaser, while the majority of ASMC's contracts will be rejected," states the letter, which was obtained by Dealernews. Dealers whose contracts are not being renewed are being told that their franchise agreements will be rejected and they will no longer be authorized Suzuki dealers as of March 31.

Cancelled dealers have until March 27 to file an "Other Settling Creditor Claim" to receive $10,000 in compensation. Suzuki also stated it will repurchase cancelled dealers' new motorcycle and ATV inventory, plus parts and accessories.

Dealernews has contacted Suzuki for additional information and is awaiting a response.

Discuss? :D

Edited by NinjaNick

Its only the American Suzuki subsidary that filed Ch 11. They stopped selling american cars several months back. This will allow them to reorg/structure their ops.

This isnt a direct relationship to the parent in japan, suzuki motors. Jap bikes will be around for awhile.

Doesn't the last sentense say Suzuki will repurchase CANCELED DEALERSHIP's motorcycles, ATVs, parts...etc. That tells me these are motorcycle dealerships also. I don't know about you, but I have never seen a Suzuki car dealership sell motorcycles nor motorcycle dealership sell cars. I may be missing something, because this is the first time I have heard about this.

psht, i could shit a better car then what suzuki produced. IF they do remove the bikes that will be a sad day for suzuki folks.

I had a Geo Metro (rebadged Suzuki swift) in college.

Got better mpg than a Prius was cheap and had no problems. What more could you want on a tight budget?

I think the real problem with the American auto market was very limited selection.

I just hope it's not hard to get parts for my vstrom.

Craig

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Tracker. While not the best vehicle overall, the Suzuki 6 cyl engine, has been awesome. I beat on it all the time, and the engine is still strong.

I do think they should get out of the automobile game in North America. They are not desired at all.