Anti Gun rights commercial in Columbus

imaposer

So I was in Columbus for work today, and the place I went for lunch had the tv on a local station. A commercial came on showing a manly man type dude, dressed like a hunter/farmer, sitting on the tailgate of a truck holding a shotgun. He goes on to say how he's a hunter and sportsman, and believes in the 2a, but also supports "reasonable" gun control. Of course, it's a call your congressman and tell them to support some new gun control legislation crap. I don't really remember what he went on to say because I got distracted by the fact that the whole time through the commercial, the jackwad had his finger on the fucking trigger. Are they really that stupid? Is the best they can do is dress some guy up to look like a gun guy, and have him give some stupid talk on supporting gun laws when he's not even abiding by the simplest of proper gun handling rules? I don't think they are going to sway a single vote from any true gun enthusiast when using a pitch man who is obviously not a gun guy in the first place.

Crap. I get pissed off at all the gun screw ups in the walking dead. I can get over those since the show is fictional, and they don't make any pretense as to it being real. This commercial on the other hand, just pissed me off.

I think my wife is sick of me bitching about that commercial. It seems like it was on every commercial break over the weekend.

While we are registering guns. Why not register cell phones with the government. I believe more people are killed annually by traffic incidents involving cell phones than gun incidents.

I dont think his finger is on the trigger as the trigger is situated more rear of the bolt

Ah crap. Watching it multiple times, and actually paying attention, I'd have to say you're right. It's his goofy hand position that makes it look like he's on the trigger.

Never mind, I guess he's legit. I'll support their cause now. ;)

Now you know what it felt like to sit through generic issue ad after generic issue ad during the election, against Obama, or Brown, or whatever other Democrat Crossroads GPS or AFP thought was "vulnerable".

Spoiler alert, Crossroads GPS didn't get a single one of their candidates elected. These ads don't work.

Ah crap. Watching it multiple times, and actually paying attention, I'd have to say you're right. It's his goofy hand position that makes it look like he's on the trigger.

Never mind, I guess he's legit. I'll support their cause now. ;)

screw that he still looks like a fucking moron

I thought the same thing when I saw the commercial. Then I saw it on my PC and noticed he didn't have his booger hook on the trigger. Makes no difference it's still some jackass who knows noting about guns and needs to leave my country.