Ignition retard controller

attentiongetter92

I purchased a dyno jet ignition retard controller for my 2012 cbr1000rr under the assumption that a PC isn't needed to install it. Based on what I read on numerous forums, it wasn't needed. However I started reading the instructions to get it installed and it says I have to go into my map and add some factors in after 9000rpm. Ayone have any experience with this? I called DTM and spoke with Brian, but he was wrapped up in something and never got back with me though I left him my number.

Thanks

I don't have direct experience but I cannot imagine using one without changing the map on the fuel/air. It allows for a sooner spark at WOT......the earlier spark would require more fuel. I don't see any way around that.

Idk about Hondas but the timing retard eliminators on zooks are plug and play, they send a false signal to the ecu telling it the bike is in top gear so it doesnt retard the ignition in the lower gears.

Seems like you should be able to find a map editor fairly easily online or find someone on the firebkade forum who has a map you can flash.

This?

taser-27.jpg

I love tazers

Unfortunately, that is specifically mentioned in the rules as a nono

I'm not allowed to carry at work either, but at any given moment I am ~150yds to my car to scoot out

This thread is retarded.

helpful(sarcasm)

Idk about Hondas but the timing retard eliminators on zooks are plug and play, they send a false signal to the ecu telling it the bike is in top gear so it doesnt retard the ignition in the lower gears.

Seems like you should be able to find a map editor fairly easily online or find someone on the firebkade forum who has a map you can flash.

Helpful(seriously, thanks)

Thread fail. No mention of Magley. :nono:

Ratards don't get mentioned