Thoughts on Motogp this year?

bigd

definitely agree, but the guys already on the factory rides are either big names with better sponsors or just plain faster/more talent or both. other than ducati (which, i'm hoping dovi will figure out a way to kick some ass on) i can't think of one factory team rider i would replace with crutchlow. i think the tech3 yamaha is the best ride he could possibly be on. they really should give him full factory support though.

why is crutchlow not on a factory ride? i feel like he does pretty damn well most races and is up there with the factory bikes on a satellite ride. he is by far the fastest non-factory guy out there.

Maybe he's not able to bring enough money to the table. Although one would think that Monster is dishing some bucks. Maybe just not enough.

Finally got a chance to watch the MotoGP race last night on DVR. WOW!!! Gonna be a great season. Great. Great. GREAT.

definitely agree, but the guys already on the factory rides are either big names with better sponsors or just plain faster/more talent or both. other than ducati (which, i'm hoping dovi will figure out a way to kick some ass on) i can't think of one factory team rider i would replace with crutchlow. i think the tech3 yamaha is the best ride he could possibly be on. they really should give him full factory support though.

True. He should be getting as much factory support at Tech 3 as Spies is getting with Pramac, if not more. Yamaha usuall does right by their satellite teams. They appear to also be doing right by Larry Pegram here in the states.

Here's where I see the tech3 team and Yamaha. Tech3 is basically a Yamaha customer who's buying their products. I do understand that Yamaha does give tech3 some support but tech3 has their sponsors to pay for their campaign and barely have enough to pay their riders and staff. They and Yamaha both don't have the money to support a factory style ride that Bradl has on the Honda.

That being said, I see the Honda as being the ride to be on this year if it keeps being a dogfight kinda year that it looks like its shaping up to be. I think the Honda had an off weekend at Qatar, the Hondas were running consistent and quick everywhere they tested and they are hellishly fast out of the corners and down the straights. I'm sure the sand had something major to do with the lack of the front end grip for the Hondas. Pedro had no complaints on front end feel of the bike twards the end of the season last year and they are running pretty much the same bike.

I am pumped to see what Vale does this season and how he can better the team and the bike. It was amazing to see that he hasn't been washed up and that he still had that old school riding style buried away all he needed was a little confidence in the bike he was riding.

On the up and commers, Marc is as great as everyone said and knew after testing. He could have had a solid second if he would gotten around Pedro a little quicker but after hearing his post race interview and listening to how much he learned from following Pedro around for a while that third place didn't hurt him at all.

On the other side. Iannone... I will say he is one of my favorite riders though he did have ups and downs in moto2 I believe a lot of it had to do with the chassis he was on. But that's another story for another day. He said he was affected by major arm pump problems but if it weren't for that he would have made his way up to Hayden and Dovi. Hopefully he works things out and is able to show his talents.

Smith is a wash up, there's nothing more I can add to that. I know he's a rookie and all but that seat could have been filled with a much more deserving rider. He's CRT material if you ask me.

I'm looking forward to Austin though!

Edited by e-flores

Great video talking about COTA. Has some great slow mo of Bradl! Anyone found streaming of WSBK?

Yep! Here you go. It's awesome! I was watching through the ps3 on the bigscreen, worked flawlessly. I only wish I could find the same for motogp...oh well.

http://beinsportlivestreaming.overon.es/

Practice today was great to watch. Marquez is looking so aggressive at COTA, I can't believe it - he was going into T1, leg out, crossed-up, and with the back wheel in the air, just setting blistering times.

Sunday's race should be great, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his first win.

I cant get it to play.

It'll only play when a race is being broadcast. I had the same experience, until during the race (and in between as well actually, which was cool - hearing all that was going on at aragon in between aragon)

Damn, if I were anyone but Marc Marquez I would be shaking in my boots right now.

1 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team Honda 2:03.021

2 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda 2:03.275

3 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 2:04.100

4 Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 2:04.267

5 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda Honda 2:04.445

6 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team Ducati 2:04.873

7 Alvaro Bautista Go&Fun Honda Gresini Honda 2:04.942

8 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 2:05:380

9 Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar ART 2:05.389

10 Nicky Hayden Ducati Team Ducati 2:05.568

11 Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 2:06.740

12 Ben Spies Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 2:07.044

Edited by Hailwood

Marquez had a hard wreck during practice but still kicked ass during qualifying. It was funny halfway to 3/4 thru both Lorenzo and Rossi were in their pits talking to their crew and holding their hands up and then dropping them as if saying I don't know what else to do. There was a hard wreck in the moto3 qualifying not sure who it was but it looked like they went over the bars coming into a turn. Don't know what happened. But that turn 1 is nuts in person.