Thoughts on Motogp this year?

bigd

Do you think Marquez is going to be the second coming of Rossi?

Is Rossi going to be the second coming of Rossi?

Is Pedrosa still going to suck?

Are all the Americans going to be on crappy machinery (comparitively speaking of course) again?

Discuss...

I just can't freaking wait for the races to start again. I just hope there's some closer, more intense racing this year and some swaps for who's visiting the podium from time to time. Would love to see Nicky on the top step again before he's out of the series.

Not sure where it is shown that Pedrosa ever sucked. He can't seem to put together a total package to win a championship, but to say he sucks is fairly off...

I say Rossi has his moments, Pedrosa will contend at any time, Lorenzo wins the whole thing and Marquez has some starting pains, but will have signs of brilliance.

Should be a good season.

It's possible. If he doesn't hurt himself. Everyone agrees the kid has supernatural talent. What was that race last year where he had to start from the back of the grid and passed 11 riders in the first two corners?

Sacrilege alert: I don't think Rossi will win a race this year. OK, maybe one.

Pedrosa sucks? Pedrosa was the fastest man in MotoGP for the second half of last season.

Are all the Americans going to be on crappy machinery (comparitively speaking of course) again?

Definitely.

As much as I'd also like to see Nicky win again, I'm not crazy enough to believe it possible. It's a shame, because he's been such a loyal soldier for Ducati, too. Just one more rider who saw his career ended by Ducati's MotoGP bike. I've lost count of how many.

Not sure where it is shown that Pedrosa ever sucked. He can't seem to put together a total package to win a championship, but to say he sucks is fairly off...

Comment was meant to spark discussion, kid is obviously talented...but how about Estoril 2006 - That kind of sucked ;)

I think he looks really skilled and fast. Most of the rookies have a bit of trouble adjusting and he seems to be avoiding most of that. He shows some real potential. As far as a second coming, that is a few years to early to call.

I still think Lorenzo is going to be a force to be contested for the season.

Rossi has the potential to be back in the game this season. He is back on a fast bike and has been fast in practice. He knows how to win in most scenarios so I expect at least a few wins from him if not more.

I don't believe that Pedrosa has ever sucked. I may dislike him, but he has never sucked. He will be fast and on the podium again this year providing he stays healthy.

All the Americans weren't on crappy machinery last year. Spies had a good bike he just couldn't get a handle on, and when he did it got angry with him. He seemed to have a poor start, and then the bad luck seemed to clinch it. The injury didn't help at all. It would have been nice to see him competitive, but seeing all the competitive factory teams with front runners hopefully makes for an exciting season.

I don't see Nicky leaving Ducati, and Edwards seems stuck in CRT land for the rest of his career. Sad for both since that likely means they won't see a podium again unless the Italians pull their heads out of their asses.

I just can't freaking wait for the races to start again. I just hope there's some closer, more intense racing this year and some swaps for who's visiting the podium from time to time. Would love to see Nicky on the top step again before he's out of the series.

I'm eager too. I can see Marquez, Pedrosa, Rossi, Lorenzo, Bradl, and Cruchlow potentially fighting if the bikes and conditions are right. Dovi, Nicky, and Spies could always be wildcards if Ducati gets it right.

Although watching Espargaro lead a race on a CRT ride was awesome. Seeing that kind of thing would be cool, but that would really mean they need to go back to a prototype series instead of a LMP1/LMP2 series.

Marc will be ridiculous this season. I'm betting he wins it all. Pedo will be second. Jorge 3rd Rossi 4th. I think Dovi will be okay on the Duc. Spies will be 10th ish just behind Nicky

I'll take that bet. Marquez will show brilliance, but he's gonna pop can that bitch a couple of times at least...

We should do a thread for each race and we pick the top 5. We all put in something or a dollar amount and have a pot at the end of the season and you gather your winnings...

That sounds fun. My friend and I usually go in on the Video Pass every year, so I could show the races as well..

I'll take that bet. Marquez will show brilliance, but he's gonna pop can that bitch a couple of times at least...

Oh the wad's that kid is going to make out of his bike will be monumental. I just hope he doesn't get hurt, that's the biggest thing, cuz he is definitely skilled.

I'm betting that the championship will be down to Lorenzo and Pedrosa who will alternately dominate most races. In the end I'd give it to Lorenzo just based on his consistency and the fact that the M1 seems to be working really well this year.

Marquez will win at least one - I'm guessing Austin since it's a new circuit and he was very fast in testing. Rossi will podium regularly and win one, maybe two races. Don't count out Cal either - I think he has the potential to win at least one this year if he can keep the bike off the deck.

I also give a small chance that Marquez will just blow everyone away, or that Rossi returns to form and wins a 10th championship.

Regardless I'm more excited for this season that I've been in a long time.

I know what I'll be doing this weekend, thank you videopass!

I'd like to see 5-6 riders in contention for the championship but it's hoping against hope; it'll only be 2-3. I hope to see Rossi come out of his doldrums but I worry he'll have a big off that'll finish his career. Lorenzo and Pedo will make things difficult for everyone else. Marquez is a wildcard, he can go any number of ways but I don't see him in championship contention for at least a season. It'll be interesting. Maybe Hayden will do something, like top 5, but I can't see much better on the Duc. Same for Spies. Hopefully the Duc won't try to kill him.

Why is Edwards just going along for the ride? I can't remember if he was even in contention for the CRT "championship". I want to say not. Maybe WSBK would be better while he's still able?

It's possible. If he doesn't hurt himself. Everyone agrees the kid has supernatural talent. What was that race last year where he had to start from the back of the grid and passed 11 riders in the first two corners?

.. in the RAIN, when he passed everyone and actually won the race? i think that was Valencia. Fucking amazing.

However, he needs to mature/adjust and will probably DNF enough times to drop out of contention for the championship. But it'll be fun to watch in the meantime!!!! can't wait!

anyone have the motogp.com videopass? Worth it? I don't have cable, so I'm considering it.

It won't imbed, so here is a link to "Márquez off the line in Valencia -- A bird's eye view"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k6llrYTfTw

I've had it for a few years now and think it's absolutely worth it. I love being able to watch all the practice and qualifying live, and it's been great for getting me more into the sport.

anyone have the motogp.com videopass? Worth it? I don't have cable, so I'm considering it.

It won't imbed, so here is a link to "Márquez off the line in Valencia -- A bird's eye view"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k6llrYTfTw

I've "considered" it every year for the last 5 or so. Ultimately I'm too cheap, and am concerned about the level of tempt to watch live QP and FP sessions during the workday ;)

totally forgot how awesome that race start from Marquez was. Amazing...in the matter of a few corners he passed like 3/4 of the field (even more impressive as that was in Moto2)

I've "considered" it every year for the last 5 or so. Ultimately I'm too cheap, and am concerned about the level of tempt to watch live QP and FP sessions during the workday ;)

Don't worry about watching things live unless you're working 3rd shift. Almost all the races end up being live at ridiculous times. The nice thing is being able to set up a bookmark to the no spoiler page and watch the WHOLE race with no commercials at your leisure and still be surprised at the end.

how is the video library? do they have all the races from recent years available? I'm really tempted to get the season....over the winter I've been watching a lot of last years wsb, bsb and ama races on youtube.

Don't worry about watching things live unless you're working 3rd shift. Almost all the races end up being live at ridiculous times. The nice thing is being able to set up a bookmark to the no spoiler page and watch the WHOLE race with no commercials at your leisure and still be surprised at the end.

Damn! the WHOLE race?!? :wtf: instead of the speedtv - go to commercial just as the pass happens for the win, on the last lap, then come back to see the tail end of it, and hear the bumbling fool of a U.S. announcer lead in over the uk feed, just as they're discussing how epic it was, and how we'll never see anything like that ever again in motosport - version?

God I love U.S. race coverage. :rolleyes: