EpicMotosport.com (epic fail)

Hoblick

i was shopping around for a supermoto Wheel and Tire setup for a bike.

i checked out tons of forums, and reviews for wheels, and places to buy them through. my main info came from supermotojunkies.com.

i narrowed down ordering from either Motostrano or epic motosports.

motostrano had some bad reviews, mainly on the customer service and shipping times, and i heard only rave reviews about the guys at epic motosport.

so the choice was made and i gave them a call. I spoke with a man named Kevin on the phone who was very knowledgeable about supermotos, and specifically the bike i have. (he actually races the same bike) we talked wheel setups, sprocket combos, tire choices and the like.

in the end i ordered warp9 wheels, 17x3.5 front, and 17x4.25 rear, i upgraded to Conti Attack SM tires (the package they offer comes with bridgestone BT003 tires), and also wanted to upgrade the front brake rotor kit to a EBC oversized 320mm floating rotor and caliper relocation bracket (the package they sell comes standard with a solid 320mm rotor and relocation bracket for the caliper). went with a 47 rear sprocket, and the package they sell also comes with a wave rear rotor.

gave him my CC info and was told i would get an invoice.receipt in my email shortly. the upgrades cost me an extra $185 on top of the $1069.

this was done on wed march 20th. i was told it would be a few days to build the wheels then they would ship out first of the next week and i would recieve them by friday the 29th.

well a few hours go by and i dont see a invoice in my email. no biggie ill check it tomorrow. next day still nothing, so i call back and get tossed around on the phone and put on hold, then disconnected. ok ill call back. Kevin wasnt available so i left my number to call me back. never got a call back. next day i call back again, same scenario, get disconnected, call back and finally talk to kevin. oh we wrote your email down wrong ill send it over here in a few minutes. cool. hour later nothing. call back again and no one picks up.

so now its saturday and i call back again, tell him i still didnt get my invoice. he says he will send it from his personal email. cool sounds good. YET again i check an hour later and no dice. so i call back only for him to be no there, so i leave a message with another employee and he is supposed to call back. he doesn't. go to call monday and they are closed.

Tuesday 26th rolls around, i call again. get kicked around on the phone and disconnected, or he wasnt in. wed again i call,..finally get ahold of someone. they tell me they will send the invoice again, that something was up with the email system. then they ask me if i had checked my bank account and if the charge on my card went through. cause they had some issues with the CC machine. i check and no i was never charged. so they run my card again. and this time the money comes out of my account, but its not the total i was originally supposed to be charged. it was about $100 less. curious as to why, but i wanted to wait and see my invoice to see what all the charges were. so again i was to wait on my invoice to come in the email. i finally get a tracking number, and it doesnt work when put through UPS. so thursday i call again and tell them the tracking number doesnt work, nor have i got my invoice. they send the invoice again supposedly.

i finally get my invoice on friday, and i see that the EBC rotor kit isnt on the invoice. hmmm.. i better call back and make sure they sent it, also the ups tracking number still doesnt work.

so i had to wait till saturday to call since i was on my way to work. yay saturday is here i call and finally talk to kevin again. he said they must have forgot to charge me for the EBC rotor kit, but he personally built the wheels and its definately on there. and the tracking number he would look into.

i explain my frustration and he said he will find out whats going on. also said he would have to run my card again to charge me for the EBC rotor upgrade.

he finally calls me back and found out there was 2 labels on the box and the package was in limbo at ups but its getting sorted out as we speak. said it would be cleared up and info would show online by 6pm his time (8pm my time) also said he would upgrade it to 2 day shipping!! i check at 8 and nothing.. cheack at 1am and Finally it shows!! but wait its says it will take 4 days shipping time??? great so i got lied to.

he didnt end up remembering to run my card again for the EBC upgrade, so i said screw it im not calling back unless i have to.

so the wheels finally come in today while i was at work..

super pumped to get home check them out and get them on the bike.

go home furiously open the box.. rear wheel looks awesome everything there and tire mounted the correct way, so far so good. pull the front wheel out of the box and what the fuck! no rotor on it at all? ahh its probably jsut in the box not installed on the wheel. tear through all the packaging and im hitting the bottom of the box. NOTHING!!! wait a small bag that has the bolts to mount the rotor, but no rotor or relocation bracket. FUCK!!

so not only did i not get the EBC rotor upgrade, but i didnt get a oversized rotor at all , not even the standard solid mount. and i should have atleast got that cause thats included in the package at the base price, so technically i paid for that.

so now i gotta call back and hopefully get someone on the phone to straighten this shit out. IM basically gonna give them an oppurtunity to do right and overnight the EBC Rotor kit for free, or they are gonna credit me the retail cost of the kit and ill order it through Riders Discount and hope i can get it here by friday, cause i was planning on hitting the track on saturday or sunday.

Edited by Hoblick

So, you running supermoto now? Whatcha get?

yeah, but pavement only.

got a stupid deal on an 07 CRF250R, was my good friends who bought it new in 09 as a left over. has 5 hours on it, and i maintained it since it was new.

well called, got answering machine.. called again got a live person.. couldnt get Kevin on the phone, he was busy.

told the guy on the phone what was going on, he said oh yeah we knew, the rotor is gonna get dropped shipped. WHAT? why wouldnt you tell me or call me and let me know?

his response.. i dont know

puts me on hold for kevin, were i sat on hold for 5 min to just get disconnected.

i have been calling back for the last 40 min only to get sent right to answering machine.

at this point im not gonna give them a chance to do good by me. i just want a refund for the rotor and ill order through riders discount. seeing that i can actually get someone on the phone

at this point i have literally called around 75 times in a row and keep getting answering machine. i feel like im trying to get through on a radio show

over 100 calls and still no answer. left atleast 6 voicemails, no return call yet.

the longer this drags out the worse im gonna be on the phone with these joke of business owners.

little over the top? yes probably, but now they have me in a bind, and i want to get shit settled with them before purchasing with Riders Discount. needed this rotor for the weekend and now.. fuck all

over 100 calls and still no answer. left atleast 6 voicemails, no return call yet.

the longer this drags out the worse im gonna be on the phone with these joke of business owners.

little over the top? yes probably, but now they have me in a bind, and i want to get shit settled with them before purchasing with Riders Discount. needed this rotor for the weekend and now.. fuck all

WTF is wrong with businesses? I don't get it... We pay for products/services and when they get their money, they say "Fuck these guys". I mean, do they understand we are on the internet and almost EVERYONE looks for reviews with a company prior to using them? What are they hoping for? Are they ignoring so you give up and they are in for 100/200 bucks!? What really sucks is the invoice was wrong and you have no proof that you paid for particular parts that were not sent.

I'd be more then pissed and bet your ass I'd be "WAR DIALING" them... Game on!