talk me into (or out of) a hayabusa

John

Both are pretty evenly matched. I had a '07 zx14 my buddy had a '08 busa I'm 5'10" he's 6'4" he said my zx14 was a lot more comfortable than his busa. Busa handles just a tad better according to magazines but the zx14 has better brakes. I went with zx14 because I didn't want to see 500 bikes just like mine every where I went. I did several 900 mile days on my zx14 with the stock seat off of a connie 14 which is more comfortable for both rider and passenger only requires swapping brackets on bottom of seat.

My .02 if you are considering changing bikes because you believe your girl will ride more don't. My FZ6 is a comfortable 2up bike but that doesn't make my wife any more or less interested in riding. Just a thought, if you want a new bike go for it, but don't change for someone who may not be interested in riding especially if you like you current bike.

good point. i know exactly what you mean. its not totally like that though... i mean she has ridden with me before on the CBR and enjoyed it except for the seat. we also had some fun rides on the cb750 which is fine for a passenger. she has expressed interest in riding with me and said she would ride more if it weren't for the CBR's comfort (or lack thereof). but at the same time, it would be just me riding more than two up... but i definitely get what youre saying.

To be clear, are we talking NEW bike purchase, or used? An unmolested first gen busa would be a relative bargain. So would a unicorn or a leprechaun. No such thing as a stock busa, and every owner thinks their neons and chrome rims add $3k of value.

used first gen is more in my price range. there are stock or very close to stock ones out there... just gotta do some searching. there are a few ive seen that have some small mods that i'd probalby do anyway (pipe, fender elim, screen, seat etc). definitely there are some out there that have been stretched, slammed and run hard at the strip too... from what it looks like, you just gotta find the ones that were owned by older guys for sport touring rather than the ones that are owned by ruff ryders lol

No mention of the FJR1300? I don't personally have any experience with these bikes, but I would like to get a sport-touring bike eventually, and from what I've read, the FJR is hard to beat.

My 919 is tough for me to go more than ~150-200 miles in a shot, and that would include a short ~10 min break about half way through, but I think I could probably do ~400-500 a day if I decided to go on a few day trip with a few breaks each day.

FJR would be cool, but its a little more tour than sport i think. im thinking of staying more towards the sport end, with some tour thrown in... its heavy too. same with the connie. nice bikes tho for sure.