OIl Disposal

ScubaCinci

Curious as to where people dispose of their used motor oil? I know in Hamilton Co there are some drop off locations where they will accept it in sealed containers for no charge. I thought there were also some auto parts stores that took some in as well. I'm ok with paying a small fee for disposal if it's convenient for me.

I used to always have a dealer do the service but recently have decided to start doing a lot of that stuff myself.

BTW, anyone who says they dump it or pour it down the drain is getting kicked in the nads.:beating:

Edited by ScubaCinci
Tried to fix title

Geez...I only have 4 quarts to part with. My Husky only holds 1.6 I think. Not sure about the ATV, that comes next.

I've been putting the oil back into the empty bottles but I might just get a large container...it's a PITA to pour it back in the bottles.

I have a 20 gal drum I store used oil and filters in until it's full, then I take it to work and sump it into the shops waste oil tank so it gets recycled. Usually only need to take it in once every year between servicing 2 vehicles, 2 bikes, push mower, and a riding mower. Wish I had a waste oil heater in the garage, then I could put my used oil to work

O'Reily's takes it with no limit.

The question is, where do you take your Coolant?

Another good question. And brake fluid, etc. Hamilton Co takes most household chemical waste and prolly other OH counties do too.

It's actually scary to think of all the chemicals people prolly throw in the trash because they don't know where or are too lazy to take it to the proper place.

brake fluid and transmission fluid can be mixed with motor oil and disposed into the container at the autoparts stores. this was on the container in the back of the store. I went into the back with them once.

it's all oil derived and is ok to be mixed.

It's coolant that I have no idea what to do with.

Coolant goes it small dishes around the neighborhood to keep the coon, opossum and stray cat populations down.

Just kidding, but the Akron cat killer used to be my neighbor, he's a fucked up meth head that gives drugs to teenage girls and tries to have sex with them. Read about his cat-killing exploits here:

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/648/

I'm ashamed to say that, when I was a kid I used to empty the used oil into bags of grass clippings and put them out at the curb... :nono: Someday my great great grandchildren will pull them out of some landfill along with hotdogs and styrofoam cups...

Now it's off to either Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts.

I'm ashamed to say that, when I was a kid I used to empty the used oil into bags of grass clippings and put them out at the curb... :nono: Someday my great great grandchildren will pull them out of some landfill along with hotdogs and styrofoam cups...

Now it's off to either Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts.

Brilliant