Expanded Background Checks DO NOT PASS

Tomcat0403

It really already has, I don't have much issue finding ammo and most are decently well stocked.

I had no idea, why I asked. Not that I'm in the market for such a thing, but it'd be nice to pick up some 12gauge here soon.

The parts and rifle panic is slowing down.

Stuff can be found but sells quickly.

Ammo prices are going up and down but still high.

And good stuff at good prices goes quickly.

Reloading gear is hit and miss, but coming around.

Powder and primers are a month or two away from availability.

But some primers show up and sell fast.

This is all on-line availability, in-store stuff mostly does not exist.

12 Gauge is very abundant, no price raise or limited stock at all. I went over to gander mtn on 256 and no limits, shitloads of it around.

I think you better hurry up and buy it now.....I hear Mrs. Biden is planning to hoard all she can afford since her old man won't let her have anything other than a double barrel 12ga.:D:D:D

The AWB failed too. 40y-60n (needed 60 votes)

What about Coryn's national reciprocity?

EDIT: Also failed, 57y-43n (needed 60 votes)

Ugh... I was hoping this would pass. Not that I travel much to have a big worry about it, but it's just "right" in my opinion.

The background bill would have done little, if anything, to prevent mass shootings, but the bill explicitly made establishment of a national registry a felony and would have been hardly onerous like the wing nuts purported.

I was hoping it would pass to offer non-FFL folks additional legal protection & peace of mind that we aren't selling to felons or straw purchasers. I can size a buyer up pretty well but I have no doubt that a practiced criminal could hide their true self to me in a sale. I'd prefer to pass that liability off to the Feds, which is why one of my CCW instructors will only sell to CCW holders.

Of course, FFL holders would have stood to profit from the bill, that's for sure. They would have had to play a role in every legal transaction, for a nominal fee of course...

Bummer about national reciprocity. We need this.

Edited by smccrory

I was hoping it would pass to offer non-FFL folks additional legal protection & peace of mind that we aren't selling to felons or straw purchasers. I can size a buyer up pretty well but I have no doubt that a practiced criminal could hide their true self to me in a sale. I'd prefer to pass that liability off to the Feds.

What is stopping you from using an FFL now if it's that important to you?

Who in the hell is this 90%, it certainly isn't anyone I personally know. It might be some of you nut jobs here but you can't pick all your friends on the internet. I think this number is so wrong that it's laughable for the anti's to use as fact.

Have you ever thought that the government might really want its citizens to own guns? The US military stationed in the states is relatively small to really protect the country you would need a well armed civilian force. Think about this. What would happen if another country tried to invade ours there would be a rifle barrel sticking out almost every window? Now our government could not come right out and tell everyone to go out and buy a fire arm the liberals would start to cry and file all kinds of lawsuits. So they need a curtain percentage of the citizens to own guns what better way to get everyone to run out and buy a gun than to come out and say you want to band them. Sales of guns and ammunition go way up once the percentage of gun owners hit the percentage they want the gun band talks just fade away with not much if nothing ever happening. Over the years I have noticed trends like this happening when firearm and ammunition sales start to really drop off or when the government is starting to reduce the number of US military forces Like what’s going on right now.. I think this also sends a message out to other countries. Yes we are cutting back our military but don’t mess with us because every one of our citizens owns 10 guns. Yes I’m bored and on my 6th shot of Jager :D

• Upvote 1

The big gun stores have plenty of ammo. Vance's is putting it on sale. In fact, if you're looking for 12 gauge, they have sporting loads for $50/250 rounds. A little over $5.00/box. Walmart charges around $28/100 or $7/box. We are definitely in the repair stages.

Think about this. What would happen if another country tried to invade ours.........?

They could try all they want, but it's never gonna happen. There is no way another country would be able to gather their troops and maneuver quick enough to our shore lines without us knowing. Our military would be on them like flies on shit, from all over the world. No other country, at this time, can mobilize as fast as us.

The background bill would have done little, if anything, to prevent mass shootings, but the bill explicitly made establishment of a national registry a felony and would have been hardly onerous like the wing nuts purported.

I was hoping it would pass to offer non-FFL folks additional legal protection & peace of mind that we aren't selling to felons or straw purchasers. I can size a buyer up pretty well but I have no doubt that a practiced criminal could hide their true self to me in a sale. I'd prefer to pass that liability off to the Feds, which is why one of my CCW instructors will only sell to CCW holders.

Of course, FFL holders would have stood to profit from the bill, that's for sure. They would have had to play a role in every legal transaction, for a nominal fee of course...

Bummer about national reciprocity. We need this.

Use an FFL or sell only to CHL holders or use good judgement. I've refused to sell to douchers on this site who have posted irresponsible shit.