Is this safe for the kickstand

Mr Anderson

I wrecked my mountain bike last summer and dislocated 2 fingers and broke another. I got poked fun at and didn't mind. I did wish Jess well on the thread just after the accident happened. Prez says she is going to be fine. If Jess takes offense to my post I do apologize.

she didnt just break fingers she was hospitalized, that video gave me chills because its totally something that could happen to the best of us.

and for fucks sake wait until everything is fully healed.

I'm afraid to try it with the 14, it's a porkchop of a bike at 500lbs and the OEM kickstand is a bit malnourished to be swinging that much weight around. I've seen guys do this trick though, up to the owner to risk it I guess :dunno:

Did it on the 600RR and 636 but not the VFR, she's too fat

HAHA I left the thread for a few minutes and it was on the above few posts about Jess and I thought you were saying she was too fat. :p

:confusedashell:

I do it. I would never with a Ducati that has the kick stand mounted on the oil pan :D

Not much of a motorcycle guru but I'm pretty sure the r6 is not attached to the oil pan so it should be ok. I have yet to try this. Probably afraid it will break lol.

• 4 months later...

I also do this pretty much every time I ride the bike (600rr). I was at bike night one night (yea I know) and did that in front of a bunch of Harley's and they legitimately thought I benched like 600lbs or something. It's really just all about leverage.

Sent from my iPhone.

I've seen kickstands break, but the one I have now seems strong enough.

I ran down a loading ramp and found out I'd have to jog back and forth for quite a while to turn.

And the back wheel would have to shove back up the ramp as well.

Oops.

Dropped the side stand and turned 180 and out of there.

I hold my foot against the kickstand, so it won't fold up on me and do something else.