Competition Accessories Springfield Ohio?

Tonik

I used to work at Comp part time back in the 90's. I did it for the discount.:D

When I started there it was still owned by the guy who started the place in his garage in 1973 (Warren Bales) and then after it was sold the first time I worked for the next owner for a couple years. There was a person in management there that I did not care for at all. I like and respect honest people, not tools who will lie to your face, know that you know they're lying to you and still do it with all the gusto of a used car salesman trying to convince you that he's your best friend in the entire world and only wants what's best for you. That was this guy, in my opinion. I'm not there anymore and neither is he. I have stopped in there a couple times but I have strong relationships at other dealerships and I spend my money at those places. I have no issue with Comp or anyone that works there now as my experience was more than ten years ago.

Edited by 2fat2fly

I work at comp. Also Run the online websites etc. We can get anything you want in about 3 days if we don't have it in stock we carry everything we have just now started adding a ton of Arai and Shoei helmets more than anywhere else in the area. The website I run sells clearance if you ever wanna check that out I sell 15% off of OEM products 15% off It doesn't look that good I built it by myself so it's still under construction. feel free to check her out any questions feel free to ask. WWW.I70POWERSPORTS.COM

ooooor you can just go to pony where they have everything.

Nope. They only had 1 pair of boots in my size. Also they are over an hr away comp is 20 min from work. But I usually just have riders discount send me what I want.

Edited by snot

Yeah, We normally have a bunch of ladies stuff in stock but due to us changing around the store and new hires. There might of been something up. But I got dog pony cause they have a lot of stuff too. I just know we do have great service and if anyone comes in has a problem with anyone just tell me on here and i'll make sure to see what was up.

• 6 months later...

The fact that you are not racing means nothing or shouldn't. What it means that a shop that does such intense and deep work on machines in a performance sense is that they are the first guys to see issues, the first guys to have solutions and the first guys to ask about the bike itself. I can promise that even at the basic level, Commonwealth and Ducati Indy will know more about your bike than anyone else.

It isn't about racing. But, would you buy a performance bike from a company with a long race history and success at high performance machines or a Chinese company that copied it and sells it for less? Odds are that you go with the prior example.

I guess what I am saying is that you don't have to race to get the best service. The racing history both shops have is a reason to take your bike to because they are doing more than oil changes and have more knowledge of the machines than anyone else...

All three shops are about the same distance. You bought from Commonwealth and take it to Louisville. I would take it back to Commonwealth or like I said, Indy as they are much more reputable than Louisville...

I'm gonna take it racing, do you still feel this way.  I've been treated great at Commonwealth so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect.  Get with Chad down there and have him do the Rexxer map which he helped design and have him add a DynoJet PCV to it.  He is a WIZARD on the dyno stuff.  They can map it correctly.  Like I said, they did a little work on mine which was the mapping stuff and a solid Rexxer setup and I am left super happy.

I have Matt do my suspension work and again...  They do a TON of 1199 stuff and has a LOT of notes regarding the bike both in terms of track days and racing.  I have TJ at Motounion in WI doing my motor.  Once you find a motor guy and you click, it is something that ends up being a great thing.  He and I have become friends and it isn't to say that anyone else is inferior...  It just means he is someone I trust and does an EXCEPTIONAL job.

I can get you some notes also if that's what you need for setup.  We've chased some tails on this thing this year, but it is a bike that I enjoy a great deal. 

Thanks for the advice.  I took the bike to Chad and we went this route exactly.  Rexxer base map for race prep to disable O2, Fan, Etc.  Then PCV to tune.  Full Akrapovic Titanium exhaust and new air filter.  Went ahead and did the Nix 30 forks and TTX rear shock since he was having fun taking all my money.  Bought a set of very lightly used S wheels and disks.  Will use my base wheels for rains.

Setup advice highly appreciated.  I will try to make a few race rounds this year.  Not sure where or with who.  It's been a long time since I race a big bike. 

I'm very pleased with how the tuning worked out.  Chad knows his shit.  No internal mods, pump fuel. 

Blue is stock pipes, stock ECU (latest Ducati map).  Other two are same tune, just two different runs. 

wallinitvsakratuned.jpg

I wanted to express a few things regarding Commonwealth.  I want it to be made perfectly clear that I was by no means trying to persuade anyone to go to one dealer over another.  I feel that Commonwealth is one of the best dealers I have had WORK ON MY BIKE.  As you all may remember, I was having some issues with mapping on my 1199.  I was directed by several top and credible people to go to Commonwealth and talk to Ed and Chad.  Ed the owner had told me to come down and they literally dropped everything to assist my needs.  I am VERY picky as to who works on my bikes and left the dealership impressed and above all, confident of work well done.

Chad is the man when it comes to servicing bikes no matter if basic knowledge or top racecraft work.  They can do it all and do it VERY well.  Again, I want everyone to understand that if you are considering Commonwealth for servicing your bike or in fact ANYTHING to do with the business they have down there, they are top notch and are some of the best people in this industry.  I would recommend them all day long with 100% confidence in them taking care of your needs no matter how technical or advanced.

I was treated great and Chad did above and beyond what I had asked and my bike ended up being a ripper due to his work and attention to detail.  I say this because they in fact are a dealership I would highly recommend. 

Again, never meant to promote one dealer over another nor would I suggest one dealer more important or better at something than another.  These guys are more than capable and very good at what they do.  Please consider them for ANY of your motorcycle related needs.