Bike hatin' thread

scottie.harris

Ever seen one of those bikes that was just godawful ugly to you and just always seemed to pop up? Yet you dont want to simply interupt a thread just to say "WOW THATS UGLY AS HELL", Im having a one of those moments right now... So I created this thread for that purpose.

Disclaimer:This thread was not intended to make anyone butthurt.

What makes my eyes hurt? Ducati Panigale 1199... sounds great but god if Medusa needed a bike as ugly as she is, this is it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be one of the VERY few that think the 1199 is ugly or deserving of being in this thread.

That being said, I submit the Speed Triple from Triumph that is a bike that would look STOOOPID sexy if they could get rid of the headlight that looks like you crashed and the headlight pod was only left to attach. If they went back to the retro round light or similar, it would be awesome.

I also think if we are looking at current machines, Honda is struggling with design. The bikes are getting more and more panel covers that make shit hidden, but make the bikes look bulky and generic. That new Gold Wing bagger thing is an example...

I have a tough time looking at older bikes and say they are ugly. I see the technology that drove what we have today and even if they are ugly or bulky looking, I see today's bikes and feel drawn to them... So, tough for me but there are some.

Dunno. Cool thread idea and will be watching.

You gotta be one of the VERY few that think the 1199 is ugly or deserving of being in this thread.

Its deserving if he thinks so.

Anyways, back to the hater-ade:

I cant think of a bike thats a total abomination, but i will say that there are a few bikes that one or two components just fucks then up. Like the Honda Fury. I think it looks good for a production chopper style bike. I just cant get past the shaft drive on it. Totally kills the look for me. The B-King is the same way. It looks alright up until you get to the tail section.

Its deserving if he thinks so.

Anyways, back to the hater-ade:

I cant think of a bike thats a total abomination, but i will say that there are a few bikes that one or two components just fucks then up. Like the Honda Fury. I think it looks good for a production chopper style bike. I just cant get past the shaft drive on it. Totally kills the look for me. The B-King is the same way. It looks alright up until you get to the tail section.

Nope, it is his thread and he can for sure. I just haven't heard much of that is all I am saying. but when you see the Honda that fizzer posted, I hear more from something like that.

That being said, I submit the Speed Triple from Triumph that is a bike that would look STOOOPID sexy if they could get rid of the headlight that looks like you crashed and the headlight pod was only left to attach. If they went back to the retro round light or similar, it would be awesome.

I also think if we are looking at current machines, Honda is struggling with design. The bikes are getting more and more panel covers that make shit hidden, but make the bikes look bulky and generic. That new Gold Wing bagger thing is an example...

I have a tough time looking at older bikes and say they are ugly. I see the technology that drove what we have today and even if they are ugly or bulky looking, I see today's bikes and feel drawn to them... So, tough for me but there are some.

Dunno. Cool thread idea and will be watching.

yea the panigale is the bike that i always hear people admiring, i wouldnt say its got the number one ugly spot on my list, just that its always popping up.

Edited by scottie.harris

I submit the Honda Pacific Coast. The short, plain, fat girl of motorcycles.
I took a pacific coast to the BRP in 2006. I had an interesting time. Lol

Had one. More plastic than a port-a-potty but it was kinda fun to ride. Took it on a CORE ride once and didn't embarrass myself too badly...well except for being on a PC800 in the first place :D

When I first read the title and subject for this thread I was in disagreement with even having the topic discussed because many bikes that some people think are ugly are beautiful to their owners. But then Desmo Brian brought up the argument stopper for me:

I submit the Speed Triple from Triumph that is a bike that would look STOOOPID sexy if they could get rid of the headlight that looks like you crashed and the headlight pod was only left to attach. If they went back to the retro round light or similar, it would be awesome..

I have to agree with this. I loved the first generation Speed Triple in fireball orange:

http://www.triumphrat.net/attachments/t3-sport-touring-forum/47115d1332214592-rear-brake-line-length-new-cans-speed-triple-001.jpg

When they did the dual headlights the romance was over.:nono: