Leather pants? Who's got 'em?

redrocket04

So besides being the only harley rider to wear almost all the gear, pretty much half the time, I need pants. Not chaps, I just can't bring myself to that point, but something. I feel ridiculous in my armored leatherjacket, gloves, sidi boots, and wool pants... Mostly, I feel ridiculous because my gear is made for crashing my cbr. This Harley gets pissed when we go 80 mph.

So I need pants, though. Leather over pants preferred. Maybe even textile. Don't make me go buy black harley pants and a black jacket with no padding and a chain for my wallet.

For Harley, there is no other choice. Langlitz handmade in Oregon to your size. http://www.langlitz.com/

I gave up trying to find a leather jacket off the rack that fit. Got my goatskin jacket from these guys. Their pants are top quality as well and go with the Westerns for over pant.

Sorry, but you have to get proper leather gear for the Harley. Just as nothing is acceptable on a BMW except Aerostitch.

Sidi is fine for boots as long as they are Canyons. :D

There's a place right by where I work called Avon boot shop. They sell all sorts of leather jackets, boots, vests, etc. No pants, only chaps. I just can't bring myself to wear chaps, but it's starting to look like I may have to consider it. They don't sell pants, leather or textile, and the harley shop across the road, well, you'll never catch me paying $450 for a pair of pants, which is what they want to charge for a pair.

Finding a shop with proper gear for a cruiser is akin to finding a shop with spare parts for a Daewoo.

There's a place right by where I work called Avon boot shop. They sell all sorts of leather jackets, boots, vests, etc. No pants, only chaps. I just can't bring myself to wear chaps, but it's starting to look like I may have to consider it. They don't sell pants, leather or textile, and the harley shop across the road, well, you'll never catch me paying $450 for a pair of pants, which is what they want to charge for a pair.

Finding a shop with proper gear for a cruiser is akin to finding a shop with spare parts for a Daewoo.

You're married.... So you're not looking for a piece of ass. You're a member if OR, so you know gear is encouraged. Don't get too caught up in appearances. Ride your ride with your priorities in check. Kudos for wearing the gear.

You're married.... So you're not looking for a piece of ass. You're a member if OR, so you know gear is encouraged. Don't get too caught up in appearances. Ride your ride with your priorities in check. Kudos for wearing the gear.

True, true. It's not the appearances I'm concerned with, as much asI just want something I can wear over my work pants when I ride to work. I know my normal work pants aren't going to protect me in the least, so I'm open to pretty much anything as long as I can wear them over my pants.

And yes, gear is important. Married, and with two babies. They're the priorities every time I ride.

"Chaps".... Sounds gay, but they have a purpose.

Here's my issue with them, and as unserious as it sounds, it's a sincere issue... I think. Maybe I'm wrong..

Chaps, leave a very important part of me uncovered and unprotected, except with jeans. If I get off my bike and I'm sliding down the road, gravel, rocks, dirt, etc seem like they'd rip through my pants pretty quickly. It would seem like road rash on the legs would be drastically better than road rash of the, well, rear...

Like I said, this is a sincere thing, so if I'm way off on the protective quality of chaps, I can go to Avon boot shop and pick up a pair for $60. I just have always felt this way about them, but admit I've also never worn them.

Here's my issue with them, and as unserious as it sounds, it's a sincere issue... I think. Maybe I'm wrong..

Chaps, leave a very important part of me uncovered and unprotected, except with jeans. If I get off my bike and I'm sliding down the road, gravel, rocks, dirt, etc seem like they'd rip through my pants pretty quickly. It would seem like road rash on the legs would be drastically better than road rash of the, well, rear...

Like I said, this is a sincere thing, so if I'm way off on the protective quality of chaps, I can go to Avon boot shop and pick up a pair for $60. I just have always felt this way about them, but admit I've also never worn them.

You are right, not as good as full leather pants. Which are not as good as a one piece leather racing suit with armor. It's risk vs reward. You pick your own tolerance level for risk and you ride.

You are right, not as good as full leather pants. Which are not as good as a one piece leather racing suit with armor. It's risk vs reward. You pick your own tolerance level for risk and you ride.

Alright. I'm gonna try a pair. I'll pick some up tomorrow. You ever been to Avon boot shop? Decent stuff there?

Alright. I'm gonna try a pair. I'll pick some up tomorrow. You ever been to Avon boot shop? Decent stuff there?

Never been there. Hadn't heard of them until you brought them up. I will Chen then out soon though.

Are you looking for something that will be worn over other regular pants that can be easily removed?

I hear you on the chaps. Too much uncovered, and they never have knee or hip armor. Both are too important to leave unarmored in my eyes.