Moto Series Round 2, Nelson Ledges May 31-June 2

TRMN8TR

No rain till it was over, sky looked horrible at times, but the riding was great. Ground was damp on the start, but confidence grew quickly.

Edited by RHill

Did you guys get lucky and miss the rain? It was pouring at my house about an hour away.

It rained for about 10 minutes around 4:45,but that's it until when I left at 10:30ish !

Hope the R stays away for you guys !

Great weekend. Surprisingly the rain held off and got dry track all weekend. Last night was a hell of a storm though.

Glad you guys had a sunlit track for today. Were the pits a mess after last night's rain? Hope everyone ran well and came home safe and sound!

Glad you guys had a sunlit track for today. Were the pits a mess after last night's rain? Hope everyone ran well and came home safe and sound!

The pits were really wet. Hollywood crashed in 13 but and his bike looked fine. Lots of low-sides in 13 this weekend. One ambulance trip for a guy in the first SV race. That caused the first 600 SB race to be pushed until after lunch.

That sucks to hear about Matt, and especially someone having to take an ambulance ride. Hope whomever that was gets on the mend soon. Was there just rain washed shit in 13 or just typical bumps in the track?

The pits were really wet. Hollywood crashed in 13 but and his bike looked fine. Lots of low-sides in 13 this weekend. One ambulance trip for a guy in the first SV race. That caused the first 600 SB race to be pushed until after lunch.

Turn 4 almost got someone.   :p

That sucks to hear about Matt, and especially someone having to take an ambulance ride. Hope whomever that was gets on the mend soon. Was there just rain washed shit in 13 or just typical bumps in the track?

The turn seemed alright other than a small patch of water on the very inside. Stuck around for most of the day but got a little smaller. Otherwise just the usual bumps and patches.

Injury update on MotoSeries site....

http://motoseries.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1840

Want to thank everyone who lent a hand throughout the weekend;  Ron, Cox, Jeff, Craig, Brandon, Jinu; thanks guys!  The people at these events are great.

Pretty boring video of my ass from race 2 superbike after the red flag.  My nerves were going strong and I was screwing shit up all day, so I didn't bother with a second camera and this is the only time I actually hit the record button.  Can't really tell, but there was a group of 3 bike in front of me; the front one slowly pulled away, the second two pass in turn 4(where the one runs wide and I pass on the inside line), then I tail remaining guy to the line trying to make it interesting at the very end....I should have passed a few times, but I just didn't have the confidence and was getting pulled on the straights pretty bad. 

Cool, I'm sure I'll see myself in your videos getting passed a couple times. Can't view them at work so I'll have to check them out at home tonight.

The round went pretty well for me. Setting sag on the bike definitely helped smooth it out. Had to take out several turns of preload in the front and rear. Helped the bike feel a lot more planted over the bumps and it showed. Set a new personal best of 1:13.125 in the 2nd sprint. Hoping that with a few more suspension tweaks and more time on the new bike I'll break into the 12's next round.

Cool, I'm sure I'll see myself in your videos getting passed a couple times. Can't view them at work so I'll have to check them out at home tonight.

The round went pretty well for me. Setting sag on the bike definitely helped smooth it out. Had to take out several turns of preload in the front and rear. Helped the bike feel a lot more planted over the bumps and it showed. Set a new personal best of 1:13.125 in the 2nd sprint. Hoping that with a few more suspension tweaks and more time on the new bike I'll break into the 12's next round.

Nice on the PB.  You are in the vids for more laps than I would have liked.  I thought you were riding great and it felt like you were going faster than before.  Definitely made it hard on my to get around you.  I didn't get to see the lap times but I was told by Cox I may have got back into the 11s.

Edited by nk140

Nice on the PB.  You are in the vids for more laps than I would have liked.  I thought you were riding great and it felt like you were going faster than before.  Definitely made it hard on my to get around you.  I didn't get to see the lap times but I was told by Cox I may have got back into the 11s.

Ya I wish the beacon was working, I would've liked to see my lap times and what lap I was on during the race. I looked at the sheet real quick but didn't happen to catch your times.

What kept you out of race two?

My knee got fucked up, didn't realize it until I was sitting around. Plus I was way too rushed. I had 10 minutes to fix the muffler, retech, and I wouldn't have got my warmers on at all. Wasn't worth the rush to me with the risk of something else being wrong.

My knee got fucked up, didn't realize it until I was sitting around. Plus I was way too rushed. I had 10 minutes to fix the muffler, retech, and I wouldn't have got my warmers on at all. Wasn't worth the rush to me with the risk of something else being wrong.

So this has been a complaint of mine all along. Why are the 600/1000 sprints the only ones to run back/back? Even with a regularly scheduled lunch break that still only gives you an hour tops, Not much time to get back out there for race 2 should something happen in race 1. Looking at the schedule the most obvious thing to do would be put 250 race 1 between us and give us at least a little break. Then if something happens in the morning where lunch gets pushed up like it did this round we don't have dead track time trying to give us a break. They could've been running the 250 race 1 between us for our break.

600 Expert Race One

600 Expert Race Two

Got the videos to play here at work. I still need to work on staying on the throttle longer between 3-4, this seems to be where I always get passed. And I know I can brake a little later into 12.

Also, your videos had me looking up the whole time trying to see further down the track, lol. :D

Got the videos to play here at work. I still need to work on staying on the throttle longer between 3-4, this seems to be where I always get passed. And I know I can brake a little later into 12.

Also, your videos had me looking up the whole time trying to see further down the track, lol. :D

Yeah...it had me doing the same thing as well.  I will point it up more next time.