Monday Monday Monday (memorial day 2013)

jbot

OK,

If anyone is interested in the 2 dayer that I mentioned on Pg.1, I will be starting my run on Sunday. I will head S on St, Rt. 68, and can meet anyone that wants to come along at Youngs Jersey Dairy around noon. This is for the Northern guys, more South, it will be Hillsboro at the gas station just before 73 and 247 link-up. That should be around 1 or so.

Last minute participants are always welcome, or drop me a note on here if you are interested.

I plan on getting out early on Mon., so I can get home by noon or 1 and enjoy some of the day with the wife.

Let me know if you can go.

Ride safe all.

Greg

^^

Cops love holiday pay.  Be extra aware on the super slab.  I doubt you'll see many of them on the fun SEO roads.

This is true... Last year on memorial day I got pulled over when I was on my bike... The funny thing is, I was definitely not speeding, I was behind a bunch of traffic on the road the cop said I was speeding on which were never doing anymore than 5mph over.

I asked him what he clocked me at and he said, "I didn't clock you, it was just visual." to why I replied "I really don't think I was speeding", then he said "you were definitely movin'..." ... Needless to say they let me off with a "warning." They also acted like it was a big deal I had a CCW but wasn't carrying even though that's the first thing I told them after the asked for my license (one put his hand on his holster)... Some cops... They were probably expecting me to be drunk and used "speeding" as an excuse to pull me over. I guess I look like a trouble maker, apparently.

I rode in Hocking last Saturday and I saw more or less no cops. 1 with it's sirens on traveling the opposite direction, then a fire chief SUV as well, but that was it all day.

So, I just looked up the meet location, looks to be about 2 hours northeast of me (nothern columbus). If the route's going to be SE Ohio, any chance of a 2nd meetup location around Lancaster/Logan for those of us not in NE Ohio? If not, I'll just plan on hitting the road early around 6:45-7:00 or so... If anyone else around Columbus is interested, we could meet up at Iron Pony or something before heading Northeast to meet the rest in Bolivar.

I don't know these roads well enough to dictate a meet spot. If someone pipes up, I'm all for whatever. Personally, the meet spot is an hour and a half ride too. It ain't easy riding in oh-hia

Meet up spot looks to be about an hour and a half from me up 250 or up 800 if anyone has a suggestion on which to take. If I leave here at 7ish I should make it in time.

Don't know any of the roads so I can't help on ride lead but hopefully someone chimes in.

Ok I'm in for this. I'll take it a step farther and offer ice cream to everyone who attends. I don't know this area at all so I'm just going to leave the house at 7am (hour and a half ride) and get to the meet spot a little early. I am riding over from yorkville if anyone else is going from this area.

^^

Cops love holiday pay.  Be extra aware on the super slab.  I doubt you'll see many of them on the fun SEO roads.

I saw sheriffs and locals ALL along 33 well into Hocking Hills. 

They. are. everywhere.

I may be in depending on how long the ride is for. I'd like to be back to spend part of the day with the family.

You're free to break off the group when needed, but I'm expecting since we're meeting in NE and riding SE roads it'll probably be at least ~3-4 hours after we leave Bolivar til we're done in SE Ohio, so for me the ride to Bolivar = 2 hours + 3-4 of riding after meetup + another 2 back home means ~8 hours of riding... That might be a little tough for me, lol.

My return from vacationing in boston is getting hairy (due to conditions at the shop, since everything goes to hell when I'm gone for more than 3 hours), so I'll post up with updates on what happens. If the worst happens and I don't get shit figured out before tomorrow morning, just enjoy the trip without me. As of now, I'm still determined to make it. I'll keep y'all apprised.

Edited by jbot

well, i got the shit done at the shop, but now it's 3:40am.

i'll see how i feel in the morning. if i wake up in time, i'll post up. if not, just assume i'm not gonna be there and go have some fun without me.

Any idea about the route u guys be taking? I might get half day off and leave for ride in afternoon so trying to back track thru your route if at all I am able to get out.

Edited by NinjaDoc