Anyone Dealt With Geico Claims Before?

Gixxus Christ!

Just wondering if I should marshal the troops on this one. Other driver was at fault, hit me on my bike. The damage should total it out between the tank and oem exhaust. Book on the bike is $2400. I was wearing about $600 worth of gear that was damaged in the accident. Can I expect them to pay me $3k? If they total my bike will they try to take it? If I buy it back will it need a salvage title?

Never been down this road before, want to know what I can expect.

I had them last year when i hit that dog. I thought they were great the adjuster lady that came out basicly had a computer program that she could look my bike up on, and when i piointed out somthing that needed fixed she looked up the part for its cost and the labor hour to replace it. Cut me a check right there on the spot, ended up being $2300 for a crack faring, broken rear set, and turn signal, they even threw in the money to replace the water pump seals since i said it wasnt leaking before the wreck. Thet ask about my gear and since i didnt got down i wasnt going to push it.

I have them and delt with it when I crashed my Ducati. It went well enough. I had the parts list already printed up with everything on it. It was a good thing as my bike didn't show up in his laptop and it probably would have really delayed getting a check cut. They paid to fix mine so I have no idea how their process works if the bike is totaled.

You don't have to immediately accept anything that they offer.

You can think about it and get more facts to support that your

bike is worth more than they claim it is.  Don't let them rush you

into an acceptance, if you have the time to spare.

If they give you a hard time about it's value, you can develop a

reason to go to the doctor to have your aching back checked

out if you go very soon, like tomorrow.  You could have some

whiplash that hasn't showed up yet.

They don't want to pay medical if they don't have to, and it adds

up fast.  Agreeing to what you value your bike to be could save

them a lot of money if you have to start going to the chiropractor

every week.   

I've already been to stat care and had it noted on the police report that I was possibly injured. Some of the people responding don't seem to understand that I don't have geico, and that the woman who hit me does. Im not filing a claim against my own insurance, I'm filing against hers.

You have to report it to your insurance as well.

Adjuster will come out as others have stated. They will inspect damage and it will be good to have reciepts or printouts of cost. In most cases, do not expect to have replacement insurance.

Adjuster will look everything up and come back with a number, that will be your check. They may offer you to buy the bike back and that will be a deductions from the check.

If they don't cover gear or other costs, you can sue for replacement against the person that hit you.

Generally, it goes pretty well and the insurance offer is usually good enough. BUT, then it may not be.

Yeah, you don't actually file a claim on her, your insurance does all that for you.  You actually will only deal with your insurance, aka, if her's calls do NOT talk to them, refer them to your insurance only.  Good way to get screwed, State Farm tried that with my ex and I when a dude made us flip and roll 9 times in my Ranger. 

I am sure you already have your insurance involved, but basically your insurance is the one that determines what you will get, and what you can do, i.e. you won't always be able to buy the bike/car back, in my case I was not allowed on my F150, Nationwide did not offer buy back when I asked about it.  Truck went to a dealer auction.

Your insurance will offer you what they come up with, you can negotiate sometimes, settle, they do whatever the settlement states, fix it, pay you, etc.  Then they file against her insurance company and get their money back.

So technically you aren't filing anything on her.

Also keep your receipts/bills for the STAT care, and anything, literally, aspirin, meds, band aids, anything you normally won't buy, as you can include that in your claim to your insurance company.

Last time I was in an accident my insurance company wasn't involved at all, I dealt and haggled directly with the other party's insurance. I only carry liability on my bike so my insurance company isn't obliged to pay me a nickel, why would they spend time and resources going after her insurance co?

I just went through this a month ago.. I was having issues with there insurance and setting up a time to look at my bike. I called my insurance company and asked for HELP. They were great I only had liability too but they came out and did the inspection and everything so i didnt have to deal with the other insurance company at all.

The only times I've heard of a totaled car being taken away is by your OWN insurance company - something you agree to in the policy.

When it is the other persons' insurance company they leave the salvage with you - in my experience.

The only times I've heard of a totaled car being taken away is by your OWN insurance company - something you agree to in the policy.

When it is the other persons' insurance company they leave the salvage with you - in my experience.

Progressive gives you the option. They asked if we wanted to keep it so they knew whether to bring a tow truck or not

Last time I was in an accident my insurance company wasn't involved at all, I dealt and haggled directly with the other party's insurance. I only carry liability on my bike so my insurance company isn't obliged to pay me a nickel, why would they spend time and resources going after her insurance co?

Ahh, gotcha, liability makes sense that your insurer isn't going to do anything.  I had full coverage on my trucks, and had it on my RC51, but didn't file when I tossed it at the track.  Talk about regretting that lol.

Yeah all I can say is good luck with all the run around I bet you're about to get from them.  I hope it goes well for you cuz I can't imagine trying to get a motorcycle accident figured out will be enjoyable, but luckily there was a police report etc.  Hope it goes well man.

Just got off the phone with geico's claim adjuster. An inspector should be calling me within a few days to assess the damage. Hope to get a check in my hand soon so I can get this triumph sprint 955i st I've been looking at.