My Niece Made The Cover Of Ridin On Magazine

HeavyDuty

Gosh, I hope that after her gig, she can afford some new gear.  Looks like she's fallen in the stuff she's wearing now.  If you were a good uncle, you'd pop for some new mesh pants with EU-approved padding.

I don't care for the image that magazine cover presents.

We all know mixing of alcohol and motorcycles is a bad

idea.  And she's not dressed for riding, that's for sure.

A young impressionable guy or girl can easily be lead

to believe the image reflects how riders should look, to

be fashionably acceptable to other riders.  A rider's

magazine should present a more responsible view with

at least a helmet in the photo.

• Upvote 3

I don't care for the image that magazine cover presents.

We all know mixing of alcohol and motorcycles is a bad

idea.  And she's not dressed for riding, that's for sure.

A young impressionable guy or girl can easily be lead

to believe the image reflects how riders should look, to

be fashionably acceptable to other riders.  A rider's

magazine should present a more responsible view with

at least a helmet in the photo.

Ah.....but a person has the choice to look cool, we need no more laws telling us otherwise. People making bad choices is job security for many folks out there working, and people will always make bad choices. I look like a dork to many people I am sure when I ride, I take great pleasure in that fact too.

Congrats to her for making the cover, that is all that matters.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Congrats to her! Good luck in the modeling career - hopefully next time she'll get to work with a photographer that has some sense about how and which flash to use. The shadows are horrible, the glare from the flash detracts detail from everything plus washed her face out. But there was some creativity used in the scene and at least she was posed fairly well.

• Upvote 1

Ah.....but a person has the choice to look cool, we need no more laws telling us otherwise. People making bad choices is job security for many folks out there working, and people will always make bad choices. I look like a dork to many people I am sure when I ride, I take great pleasure in that fact too.

Congrats to her for making the cover, that is all that matters.

Where did anyone advocate for legislation requiring more safety gear?  I believe the point was that it's irresponsible of the magazine to promote unsafe riding practices, not that it is or should be illegal to do so.

• Upvote 1

There's a better picture the bike on page 16 of the magazine... Except for the annoying red banner. Her face isn't as washed out looking also.

...we need no more laws telling us otherwise.

People making bad choices is job security for many folks out there working...

Not asking for laws.  Way too many of them now.

Asking for not making an image appear as though

nothing needs to be considered when going for a ride.

Good for the girl to be on the cover, but "Bike Nights

Are Back" would project a more responsible image, with

groups of riders with gear, in the photo, being served

at tables, without bikes in the photo.

It's the message that a photo like this sends that is

deceptive.

Oh wait, she's wearing boots.  Okay, she's good to go.

Edited by JackFlash
  • Upvote 2

Well congrats on that but I think this is the headline most parents would be scared to read if they didn't know it was for motorcycles.

You mean this one?   >>   My Niece Made The Cover Of Ridin On Magazine

And in trying to figure out if that is what you meant, a thought occurred to me.

"Bike Knights"  might be a cool name for a motorcycle club. 

Where's Big Ern?    :lol:

• Upvote 1

Where did anyone advocate for legislation requiring more safety gear?  I believe the point was that it's irresponsible of the magazine to promote unsafe riding practices, not that it is or should be illegal to do so.

Nobody did, I reckon what you said is what I was trying to say.  :o  Yeah you are not going to see very many if any, bike night or ride events that are promoting and encouraging gear to be worn. 

The original photographer for this magazine was killed last year in a bike accident he was not wearing a helmet and died from head injuries.

My niece and her husband are avid Harley Riders and I believe they never wear Helmets the photographer that was killed was her husband’s best friend. Any debate on to wear a helmet or not is a waste of time you cannot change some peoples mind.

I will ask her if it would be alright if I post other pictures of her you cannot tell in these pictures but she has full sleeve tats on both arms her back and legs believe me when I say these pictures do not do her justice in real life this girl is smoking

I was at the QS Bike Night in Austintown A few weeks ago. Almost every single spot bike rider that came in was dressed in shorts and tee shirts and had their helmets hooked to the back of their bikes so it is not just the Harley rider that are doing it.

I wear a helmet whenever I am on the bike by myself  because I tend to take more chances and ride very aggressively but when I have the wife on the bike we do not wear helmets and I take no chances with her and take things very easy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wear a helmet whenever I am on the bike by myself  because I tend to take more chances and ride very aggressively but when I have the wife on the bike we do not wear helmets and I take no chances with her and take things very easy.

No offense Heavy D, but this is a ridiculous statement. It's not typically you that you have to worry about, it's other drivers. You takin er easy with the ol lady on the back isn't gonna mean jack shit when that car turns left in front of you.

HD riders crack me up with the whole mentality that "we don't ride fast, so we don't need any protective gear" even though most will spend the majority of every "ride" in a bar with a beer in hand.

That squid sportbike rider you see at QSL with a wife beater and flip flops has the exact same protection as the helmet less HD rider who thinks gear is some sleeveless leather vest, a do rag and jeans. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING.

Wear your gear, man. It's not a coolness contest out there.

• Upvote 2