Urgent Help Need Home For Geman Shepard!

cOoTeR

If anybody knows of a good home for a pure breed white German Shepard please let me know ASAP! She bit my niece and has to go. I don't want to put her down so if you know of anyone that will take her and not be mean to her let me know. She is normally a really good dog. I have to pick her up now from my dads. Email me Mar10w6@aol dot com.

you might have misread, they are getting rid of the dog not the kid. I had to read it twice myself

It was more to get information invade anyone wants the dog and has kids. Maybe she is just little and the dog got freaked out. Maybe it is better with older kids.

My niece is 11 months old. She is fine just scratched. Didn't really break skin went to the hospital to get her eye checked out because it was close. My sister and her family live at my dads and he has a strict rule of not keeping a dog that bites. It's his dog no one wants her here regardless of emotion now. I can't take her back home to AZ with me the wife is scared now.

What happened is the dog was eating and my neice ran into her in a walker. The dog turned and bit her head. Her face is scratched.

I can't recall the dogs age maybe 5 and never bit anyone before. She is not fixed normally very good dog but doesn't get along with other dogs and wouldn't recommend her to a home with small children in light of this incident.

.......I really shouldn't get another dog but I could be tempted

Those aren't dogs, they're hairless rats or some  shit.

This is a man's dog, so you may not qualify.

• Upvote 1

Man, we are about to be going through this with our dog.  Baby is due in 8 weeks, dog is very protective and very much an attention whore.  Luckily we have a steel muzzle for him and are digging it out to start training him with it early enough that we hope it will be ok.  It's really a tough place to be, we are very nervous and already have a rule that before the baby is anywhere the dog can reach/get to him, the dog must be muzzled.  Actually it will probably be more like the dog is muzzled before the kid comes out of the car.

Then he gets unmuzzled to eat while the kid eats/sleeps, and then back on.  Sucks, but the dog can't be trusted and I'm not willing to take a chance.  I got bit on the nose the day I came hospital and my parents kept that dog, he just turned into an outside dog, which may be the way it goes with our dog too.

Either way, good luck, I hope someone can take him.

My nephew is 9 and never had a problem with her I'm not sure about cats. The only issue she has with other dogs is she will establish dominance and fight. Small dogs still seem to push her buttons but larger dogs have always left her alone after she establishes dominance so a home that already has a top dog or small dogs would probably not be good. I have no clue about shots but she is probably due for all that need kept up to date. She is all white and a little on the small side for a shepard about 75-80 lbs. She is house broke and basic obedience trained English hand signals maybe German but I don't think we ever used German with her. Sit stay come lay down and yard (get back in the yard).

The dog needs to be trained that the food doesn't belong to her and she won't react that way in the future.  Easily solved with some patience and proper training - people give up on them too damn easily.

• Upvote 2

I was excited about this until you posted she's dog aggressive... I would have had you bring her back to az with you... My dog isn't DA but he won't be bullied by another dog either and would probably kill her... Hope you find her a good home, I've been wanting a guardian breed... This one just won't work for me

Man, we are about to be going through this with our dog. Baby is due in 8 weeks, dog is very protective and very much an attention whore. Luckily we have a steel muzzle for him and are digging it out to start training him with it early enough that we hope it will be ok. It's really a tough place to be, we are very nervous and already have a rule that before the baby is anywhere the dog can reach/get to him, the dog must be muzzled. Actually it will probably be more like the dog is muzzled before the kid comes out of the car.

Then he gets unmuzzled to eat while the kid eats/sleeps, and then back on. Sucks, but the dog can't be trusted and I'm not willing to take a chance. I got bit on the nose the day I came hospital and my parents kept that dog, he just turned into an outside dog, which may be the way it goes with our dog too.

Either way, good luck, I hope someone can take him.

While your wife is in the hospital, take the dirty baby blankets home with you and put them everywhere the dog claims is his... He can already smell/sense the baby in your wife's belly... A baby will be proven to hold dominance by the way his/hers sent is placed in the dogs "spots" Including the dogs eating area. If the dog chews up any of the blankets, punishment/training will follow. When you bring the baby home, let your wife come in 1st... By herself. This way the excited dog will see the owner that's been gone for a few days. After, take the dog on a looooong walk while your wife brings the kid in and starts to relax. Then, slowly introduce them... Under no circumstance should you add anything new with the dog the day you bring the baby home. A muzzle is only going to add stressed and the dog will rationalize that stress with the new baby.

My wife and I had a 5 year old husky when we brought our 1st baby home... At the time, the dog was our baby... We stressed and freaked out over what he would do. I talked to a dog trainer and what I wrote above is exactly what they told me to do. It worked well, our husky was a little freaked out but he settled and it was over. The second kid, did the same thing and he was even better about it.

If the dog sees you as it's alpha, he will have to except the new member. It goes without saying though, never ever ever leave kids and animals unsupervised.

Sorry for the book, I just know how horrifying a baby and a dog can be... Just be calm and dominate and everything will be good.

Edited by jdonn
  • Upvote 2

that really limits your options then.. I mean not to be rude but we honestly considered it for a bit.. we have 2 other large dogs too.. but I know of a few people that could be interested they have germans already but you just cut  out all of those people as possibles sounds like the poor dog will be put down at that rate

My roommate had a dog that was super aggressive to other dogs... howard put him on his side twice and let my dog sniff around and after that they were friends.  I don't want to be a jerk, but I don't think that eliminating any homes with other dogs is the right choice.  I think if you're being up front about it and letting people know that its a situation that needs work, that should be enough.

A guy I know had 2 white Shepards he owns For pets sake in Dayton his number you could call him if nothing else comes up. How ever he does have other dogs but he knows how to handle them.I don't know if he would be interested his name is George.