Tips/advice For Long Distance Trip

Koreo

Left at 5 this morning.

6.5 hours from Dublin to my dads work in warrenton Virginia.

Sounds like you had a decent ride.

And now you know 5 hours on the freeway is nothing like 5 hours of back roads. I know I can ride 8+ hours of backroads and not feel too fatigued but 1 hour on the freeway and I start worrying about when I'm going to stop :( 

The little Ninja is not a bad ride for a long trip. Not many options for luggage but its comfortable and the engine will do 70+ mph all day.

Craig

Honestly wasnt bad at all. I popped advil at the 2 gas stops. stopped once more just to stretch. so 3 total. my shoulders were the only things hurting. I was doing 80+ most of the way and my ghetto cruise control worked beautifully, just had to make small adjustments due to the elevation but not having to hold the throttle constantly.

I have saddle bags and tank bag i borrowed from kmanlyst and dying shawdow

Im heading back to brohio tomorrow :/  

Edited by Koreo

Make sure to recheck the bike before the trip back. Check lights, tire pressure (and wear), brakes and make sure you got all the bags hooked properly. Do a self check... wallet, watch, keys, etc. All the same tips as before stop and stretch, drink lots and have fun.

AS OsuMJ can attest, also make sure all your pockets with your vitals, (wallet keys, etc) are closed before riding.

Also don't forget your ear plugs or headphones - 7 hours of wind noise can really give you a headache and affect your hearing.