Ohio House Bill 203 - Self-defense And Right-to-carry Reform Bill

Casper

OK, I'll be the contrarian today.  What's the logic behind eliminating the 12 hour training minimum?  Don't we wantCHL holders to have at least basic training?

I do like the rest of the bill.

OK, I'll be the contrarian today.  What's the logic behind eliminating the 12 hour training minimum?  Don't we wantCHL holders to have at least basic training?

I do like the rest of the bill.

You don't need anything to open carry. When really what's the difference except hidden or not hidden

You don't need anything to open carry. When really what's the difference except hidden or not hidden

Put that way, I guess I agree.  Of course, in my little world, automobile drivers would be forced to take recurrent retraining every 5 years.  Same for motorcycle and firearm owners.  I know, pipe dream...

Put that way, I guess I agree.  Of course, in my little world, automobile drivers would be forced to take recurrent retraining every 5 years.  Same for motorcycle and firearm owners.  I know, pipe dream...

Driving is a privilege, whereas carrying firearms is a constitutionally protected right. 

if they eliminate the 12 hours of training then I would expect that several states will no longer recognize ohio license 

And several more will...sort of.

Many states we don't have reciprocity with are because we require training...and we require their CHL requirements to be similar to ours.  So PA for example does not require training...which means we won't recognize theirs...and that means they won't recognize ours. It is going to be an issue either way is what I am saying.

I'm guessing the 12 hour training change will be cut. It may be there just to make the rest of the bill appetizing once its cut away.

Edited by jagr

looks good but the training part i think should still be there.. at least 8 hrs.. with most spend shooting.... that shows at least some sort of committment on the gun owners part that they are responsible enough to be educated and have some training...

i also like the background check,... will make it easier to buy a gun, just show you CHL and good to go..