Spare Tire For My Trailer Question

mojocho

So I was thinking I should get a spare tire for my trailer.  If it matters, I have a Haulmark 5x10 enclosed trailer.  Specs say tire size is ST205/75R14

I figured I'd go to check out Tractor Supply.  At TSC they have premounted tires on rims.  But how do I know what to look for?  Are they all universal if I find the right size?  I'm just thinking that for cars I need to make sure the bolt pattern and offsets are the same.  Is it the same for trailers?

Any advice out there?

There's different plys. Holds More weight for heavier ply tire. Usually the one that looks exactly the same but cost more is the heavier ply. Then there's bias and radial. I use to always run used car tires from a ghetto tire shop, not actual trailer tires. No problems.

Good info!  I'm looking for a local vendor as I'm headed to Grattan this weekend.  (procrastination...I know)

Regarding the plys, do I just get the most plys and can I mix with whatever I have.  I.e. IF stock is 6 ply I can use 10plys... Or is "ply" for "bias" tires and therefore not applicable

The part I'm worried about is the bolt pattern.  For example in the above link from Jerry "The 14" diameter x 5-1/2" wide steel trailer wheel features a 5 on 4-1/2 bolt pattern and a corrosion-resistant powder coat finish."

Where do I find out about the  "5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern"?  I assume "5" is the number of lugs and "4.5" is something to do with the circumference or radius of the pattern.  I'm not sure what I have or how to figure it out.  To Ron505's post, "most" should be the same.  I'd hate to find out in the middle of nowhere that the one I get is not the same.

there is a trailer store right off 77 just south of Dover if I recall correctly. We used to get a ton of trailer parts from them back when our office was in Dover

there is a trailer store right off 77 just south of Dover if I recall correctly. We used to get a ton of trailer parts from them back when our office was in Dover

Thanks Brian! I'll give them a call.

The link was just an example. Scroll down in the link and it explains bolt patterns. This explains a 5 bolt pattern as well.

BRILLIANT! many thanks sir! I think I've got all the info I need now!!

U can buy different ply tires, bias or radial. Depends on how much weight your hauling, if you really need more plys. Bias tires always seem to wear funny but are the norm. On vehicles, ply was a factor if I wanted a stiffer tire. Personally was never a weight factor.

TSC will have that size, they stock quite a few sizes and about every trailer like yours has the same size unless upgraded.  Actually most TT's and enclosed and even good landscapre trailers have the same size.  I have a second spare from my old TT that was my spare for my enclosed.  Same bolt patterns, same size, I just didn't have radials on my enclosed, just bias ply's from TSC.  They most likely won't have a radial in stock, but a bias ply would be a fine backup, and they are normally 20-40 cheaper.

I have upgraded tires and wheels on my TH and it makes a huge difference I will say that, but wouldn't matter for the enclosed.

This place may be pretty close to you. No affiliation.

http://www.majestictrailer.com/index.php

Nice find.  I called them and they have my size.  $125 for the radials mounted on rims.  Just need to get out there before I run out of time.  

Thanks to all for the input!