Jim And Angela's 2013 Us Tour

wantahertzdonut

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting 10.8 in most conditions. However I have the trailer in for brake and axle service (more about that will be in the blog shortly) and I'm addressing some issues with the truck that will hopefully bump that up a little.

Sent from the shitter using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting 10.8 in most conditions. However I have the trailer in for brake and axle service (more about that will be in the blog shortly) and I'm addressing some issues with the truck that will hopefully bump that up a little.

I won't try to bore you with the whole story but we had a blow out last weekend up by Toledo, well actually like 40 miles from Toledo, then drove there to get a new tire(no spare), and bought 2 more spares.

I highly recommend a spare or 2 if you don't have one/both.  I learned the hard way that not having them is no good.  Now have 2 full size spares at all times.  And towing that thing on 1 tire on 1 side is no good, trust me lol. 

Keep it up man!

Max-  Yes, it's heavy.  Thanks for following!

Madcat-  That sucks about the blowout.  Glad it didn't turn into an incident.  I do have a spare for the trailer.  I also got a bottle jack to lift the axle.  I didn't get that till we got into New Hampshire and I was terrified at the thought of flatting out and not being able to change it.  Per your advice I will look into getting a second spare.

Just uploaded another update.  I have more to type up which I will do my best to get done tonight.  I have some work to do to the truck this morning, and that'll be an update in itself.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been behind on updates as usual but trying to catch up. There are a few updates to the blog with more ready to go once Angela finishes a entry.

Weather in MI sucked so we moved on. Now we're in North Dakota. Heading toward South Dakota tomorrow. Lots of good riding out that way, I hear.

Big update to the blog, although still behind.  At least I got all the ones that have been waiting since Michigan thanks to lousy or nonexistent internet.

http://jimandangelatravel.wordpress.com/

Currently in SD and loving it.  Found one of the best driving roads I've ever been on and there's more to check out.  Will have more to post in the next day or two.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to read it at work today but for some reason it was taking forever to load.  I need to catch up but sounds like the UP didn't end being as nice weather wise as you hoped.  Now out west and I can't wait to read that, already looking forward to taking the family out there for some trips.

Let me know if the page still loads slowly. It may have to do with the file size of the photos. Badlands 1 and 2 are picture heavy so that could be doing it too. I think there are display options I can tweak if its loading slowly for everyone.

UP was beautiful but cold. Plus we just wanted to go west so it was time to go!

I assume you mean check the neg cables on the truck, right?