Argh Rain

ReconRat

Took off this morning to the North East. I guess I thought I'd out pace the rain, maybe catch some coming back. Not.

It rained from the get-go. And just rained harder. Went back.

Gosh, whoudathunk rain would be that slippery. Went sideways on a white line lane divider, like it was a giant tar snake. Powered out of a stop light, not even bothering to use first gear, shifted to second, gave it light acceleration at way less than half throttle, and the rear tire goes ape shit. I was in the middle of the lane on that slippery stuff.

Yeah... maybe later...

Edited by ReconRat

you need a set of quality tires.  I can power up wheelies in the wet and go full throttle from a take off and not spin.  bridgestone bt-016 pro.   anyway, this rain is getting to be a load of crap.  it's a repeat of thursday.  rain all the way to the gulf coast.  up through the ohio valley.   christ this is way too much rain.   it's fucking up my workouts lol. (i don't go to a gym) 

Edited by serpentracer

Took off this morning to the North East. I guess I thought I'd out pace the rain, maybe catch some coming back. Not.

It rained from the get-go. And just rained harder. Went back.

Gosh, whoudathunk rain would be that slippery. Went sideways on a white line lane divider, like it was a giant tar snake. Powered out of a stop light, not even bothering to use first gear, shifted to second, gave it light acceleration at way less than half throttle, and the rear tire goes ape shit. I was in the middle of the lane on that slippery stuff.

Yeah... maybe later...

This rain is sucking serious ass. ^^^This is part of the reason I don't ride in the rain in addition to reduced viibility for me and the cagers and rain gear is HOT.

For the record. I have a worn Dunlop qualifier on the front and a Dunlop Roadsmart on the rear.

One of the top three for wet traction. The point was it was slippery anyway, on oil in a light rain.

Can't do anything about that, except stay off it. Which I wasn't doing.

Those lane markers were shiney brand new. I guess those are more slippery than normal also.

Yeah, I went out in the Jeep. It was rain all the way out, and nice all the way back.

Although most of the rain was really light, and could have rode in it anyway.

I should have waited an hour or two this morning and rode out anyway.