No Tv Coverage Of Ama Pro At Laguna Seca This Weekend

Casper

How in the world do you draft up a television package that does not include a premiere event like Laguna? DMG continues to fuck up everything they touch.

You got that shit right :nono: still streamable thru AMA Pro racing's site though

Mid Ohio actually lost money on Superbikes this year due to low turn out. Down 70% easily.

The North campgrounds that normally house the motorhomes, empty. The Family campgrounds that is usually 75% full was about 10% full. The main campgrounds which is normally packed was about 25%. The last total I heard was 200 camping passes sold. Word was cutting back tv to boost attendance. I don't see that working well and I see major sponsors leaving. DMG deff needs gone and it would be really nice if Honda came back. It's was a huge hit when Honda pulled out.

Mid Ohio actually lost money on Superbikes this year due to low turn out. Down 70% easily.

The North campgrounds that normally house the motorhomes, empty. The Family campgrounds that is usually 75% full was about 10% full. The main campgrounds which is normally packed was about 25%. The last total I heard was 200 camping passes sold. Word was cutting back tv to boost attendance. I don't see that working well and I see major sponsors leaving. DMG deff needs gone and it would be really nice if Honda came back. It's was a huge hit when Honda pulled out.

Sponsors want a return on their investment. Plain and simple. The AMA is doing this all wrong unless they're purposely killing it...

I didn't think the camp ground looked 25% full, but I also didn't walk through (observed from the hill outside the keyhole)

Wouldn't surprise me that they only sold 200 passes though. They never man the damn booth. I would pay for a camping pass, but why? They never check for them.

The lack of attendance compared to even 2 years ago was significant though. Traffic was almost nonexistent, which was nice, but obviously not good for the event.

The racing has gotten better, but the promotion has gotten worse.

Its due to their prices at Mid O on the extras.  I wanted to go to the Vintage races to crew 3 weeks ago or whatever until I heard it was 100 for golf cart license just for the weekend, and 50 for my TT, plus had to buy a 3 day pass.  Mid O has been struggling since the old man died, eventually it will go bye bye which sucks but it will.

AMA is doing it wrong, way wrong, and it'll be gone in less than 5 years at this rate.  Just crazy to think management sucks as bad as it does.

Its due to their prices at Mid O on the extras.  I wanted to go to the Vintage races to crew 3 weeks ago or whatever until I heard it was 100 for golf cart license just for the weekend, and 50 for my TT, plus had to buy a 3 day pass.  Mid O has been struggling since the old man died, eventually it will go bye bye which sucks but it will.

AMA is doing it wrong, way wrong, and it'll be gone in less than 5 years at this rate.  Just crazy to think management sucks as bad as it does.

Mid Ohio isn't going anywhere. The new owners are car guys though. They're depending on the AMA to promote the motorcycle events. 

In my humble opinion, if Mid Ohio wants to turn things around, they'd do as COTA does. Put up buildings around the track to rent/lease/sell. How many here would be willing to chip in on a hospitality suite at Mid Ohio? We're just a drop in the bucket relatively speaking. 

Trust me the "car guys" aren't doing so well either.  The people running it are starting to piss a lot of people off, granted if they can keep the cart and Nationwide they will survive, but if not, peace out.  Turnouts for everything else are lower and lower every year, AMA used to be one of the biggest events, but hasn't been promoted locally in years.

But yes, you are totally right about what Mid O needs to do to keep up, if not, it won't last.  It's what happens to tracks that don't keep up with the times, even if the racing is good.  

AMA used to be one of the biggest events, but hasn't been promoted locally in years.

+1. there is absolutely ZERO promotion for the AMA races.  i didnt see one tv commercial, didn't hear one radio spot. nothing. how do they expect people to come, if no one knows about it?

100 for golf cats might have something to do with people doing wheelies or lighting them on fire.... Food is very expensive but i will be there next year.

Actually DMG/France are the ones keeping the series afloat.  There are a few heads of the current AMA Pro Road Racing org. that need to go.

100 for golf cats might have something to do with people doing wheelies or lighting them on fire.... Food is very expensive but i will be there next year.

No, that was for MY golf cart, rentals were sevaral hundo.  I had to pay 100 just to use my own golfcart and that was just for the weekend, not a transferable pass.