Be On The Lookout Especially Sw Ohio

20thGix

This was posted on the Miami Co. Sherrif's FB page: 

"Please be on the lookout for a white Dodge Ram pickup with a freezer in the back. The vehicle is being operated by two white males selling meat. The vehicle was last seen at around 10:00AM today on the Montgomery County Line Road near Pansing Road. The vehicle is suspected of being involved in daytime burglaries in our county. If you observe the vehicle please call Miami County 911 at 937-440-9911 so a deputy can investigate."

Here's there link:https://www.facebook.com/miamicountysherifftroy?hc_location=timeline

After reading that i had remembered seeing them this past saturday here in Troy next to me at the gas station. Aparently they are pretending to sell meat but actually hoping your not home so they can break in. According to some of the comments left they are very pushy and dont take no for an answer easily. Also from the comments they have been seen all over SW Ohio and as far north as Celina

As i was filling up my truck i was looking at them wondering who would buy meat off these to dudes. As the FB post says it was a white truck. The deep freezer looked like something they just pulled out fo their garage and slapped some stickers on it like they are a real buisiness.

Just a heads up.

Thats F'ed up. Ill have to warn the GF that if someone rolls down the drive selling meat to call the cops. I have a long drive way for in town and would be a pretty good target for these bastards. 

Buddy of mine in Troy said these guys were at their house when they came home from dinner. They went around the block because they didn't want to talk to them. They are out and about. Be safe everyone.

Here is an update on the Sherrif's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/miamicountysherifftroy?hc_location=stream

MCSO DETECTIVES HAVE POSSIBLY IDENTIFIED OCCUPANTS OF DODGE RAM

Miami County Sheriff's detectives believe they have possibly identified the occupants of the Dodge Ram thanks to the tremendous response from the public. As such, we would ask that no further calls be placed to the Miami County 911 Center unless
the suspicious behavior is in-progress. Past observations of this vehicle should be reported to your local law enforcement agency who can follow-up with MCSO detectives. Again, thank you, the response from the public has been extremely valuable and appreciated!

This is the  NON-EMERGENCY number to Miami Co. Dispatch if anyone needs it 937-440-9911

Are they certain its not gray Dodge, because I just saw the same situation at Speedway in Troy...and got a pic of the truck, people and plate.

Post up the pic and i can tell you if it was the same guys i seen.

Not the same guy i saw. The truck i seen was definatly white, full size and newer. Also the deep freeze in the back had some lettering on it like they wanted to look for real but werent pulling it off very well.

Dealt with this sort of situation before when I lived in pataskala. Two guys selling meat from their truck. Said they only had a little and as soon as they sold it boss would let them go home and they had huge discounts on it. Screw that.

Yes, it used to be a fairly common practice around Columbus. Although always questionable. (Horse meat.) Most cities and burbs chased them away. I'm pretty sure at one time there was a semi-national outfit backing the sales, like door to door magazine sales.

But that was many years ago, and this current outfit would be different and quite questionable. The previous practice was sales, and then a big freezer truck would stop by and deliver, pretty much the same day.

I buy zero meat from door to door people. That incldes Swans or Omaha steaks. I would rather just hit the local butcher thats 4 blocks away or one of the few farmers that i work with that sell livestock. Hell i try to even stay away from Kroger's and the like.

Edited by 20thGix