Supermoto Ohio Rally

Mj 88

i don't like to be critical of other peoples riding habits, because lord knows i have some bad habits. Whats up with all the center line crossing?

What parts? It seemed that the crossing wasn't in the corners.

• Upvote 1

I guess the biggest one was 43 seconds that caught my eye, but re watching , it really wasn't a corner. Guess I'm just not used to seeing guys ride all over the road , even in the straights unless they are making a pass. No worries. I wasn't being critical. I was just wondering if there was a reasoning or just goofing off.

• Upvote 1

WTF is up with putting the foot down in the corners? Looks like fun bikes, wheelie machines too! The rider that went down in the beginning, I take it he was OK and continued riding with y'all?

Edited by Pokey

Lol, I know foot down would be next. It a bad habit. Usually it comes from having a dirt back ground. I do both, knee down or foot out. We had two go down do to siht on the roads, both fine. 243 miles on Saturday and 182 Sunday, It was an awesome weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone one here with a supermoto ever race? circleville has a class now for it.... its part of ohio mini road racing, didnt know if anyone else was interested in it

I do and love it very much. Cheap, fun, fast. Practice is super cheap and racing is cheap. I run that and an F4 bike (NSF100). I race a CRF250R in super moto. Most choose a 450 but anything with the right rider can work.

I do and love it very much. Cheap, fun, fast. Practice is super cheap and racing is cheap. I run that and an F4 bike (NSF100). I race a CRF250R in super moto. Most choose a 450 but anything with the right rider can work.

hey i know i was on the 450 honda racing with you this weekend! im trying to get the word out and get a bigger crowd for that class so much fun!

I'm going to talk to kent and Brian about promoting OMRL at bike nights, and possibly the IMS.

Depending on costs, we might have to approach another TD or race org about splitting a booth. But yes, everyone should come out and try it.

The dollar to fun ratio is off the charts!

anyone one here with a supermoto ever race? circleville has a class now for it.... its part of ohio mini road racing, didnt know if anyone else was interested in it

I would love to! The thing that sucks for me is I work till noon every Saturday. I've never been on a track. I had planned on riding three tracks this year but I went down two weeks ago and broke me shoulder blade. So the track will have to wait until next year for me.

I would love to! The thing that sucks for me is I work till noon every Saturday. I've never been on a track. I had planned on riding three tracks this year but I went down two weeks ago and broke me shoulder blade. So the track will have to wait until next year for me.

dang that sucks man , but circleville is open pretty often for practise if you can tmake races. and it looks like you have plenty of buddies that ride supermoto so try and spread the word about the racing so we can get the sport growing some more!

• 2 weeks later...

Super moto class is for any size and any type motor as long as it started out as motocross or enduro frame bike. It would take some skill to race a 250 two stroke but it would be fun as hell.

• 9 months later...

It's that time again, Supermoto Ohio Rally July 25,26,27 at my house. The all day ride on the 26th will start at my house in Cambridge area. It will be 250/350 mile day. If you're interested let me know I'll post more info.

it's "next year" now.  Still no OMRL appearances that I'm aware of yet ;-)

FWIW, if your work schedule is still Saturdays, the PIRC race round is track day Saturday, and race on Sunday.  Going forward, I would guess Kent & Brian would work with you on just running the afternoon supermoto heat.