Bad Feeling....anden Is A Sucker!

slingingchic

He is just getting you to bring it so he has the upper hand in renegotiating the price once you get there. I know this because I have done it many times.

The phrase that pays: nah, fuck it, I'll just enjoy the ride home.

The name he's told Anden isn't the name the phone is registered to, not even the same last name.   We don't have money in hand and he's only offered an additional $100 for delivery, our asking price was 2,000 and now we've gone down and we're losing money if Anden thinks we must deliver this

Don't do it. Smells real fishy to me...there will be other buyers. CL is full of thieves and scammers.

Don't do it. Smells real fishy to me...there will be other buyers. CL is full of thieves and scammers.

And worse.........looosers

honest, working.......looooosers with little money

I've had insane offers, as well as those who say, hold it till.*insert some date a month away

It does sound like the kid doesn't have any money, has to use someone elses phone, get someone elses ride...

last bike I sold on CL I had put "open to trades"... Clearly I was in the wrong, I needed to specify non living trades only

Can he Paypal you half the money ?

Would you PayPal $900 to some stranger on CL? I know i wouldnt. If he really wants it and has the money he will find a way to P-hill or at least Dayton.

Forrest Gump voice: And thats all i really have to say about that.

last bike I sold on CL I had put "open to trades"... Clearly I was in the wrong, I needed to specify non living trades only

OMG.

An elderly client of my wife's was selling a car. Long story short, the "buyer" bolted with the car during the test drive when the owner got out to open the hood so he could see the engine.

I've sold a few items on CL and met the buyers in the public location to transact. No way I am letting them come to my house or work.

And worse.........looosers

honest, working.......looooosers with little money

I've had insane offers, as well as those who say, hold it till.*insert some date a month away

It does sound like the kid doesn't have any money, has to use someone elses phone, get someone elses ride...

Let me guess, someone offered you livestock? 

Let me guess, someone offered you livestock? 

A cow. A fucking cow. Man and son drove out to look at the nighthawk looked at my "farm" (big yard, big back yard) and wondered if I could would consider a cow.

I asked how long had  it been sitting, and honest the guy just stared blankly back and asked "huh?"

I have to agree with those saying they wouldn't deliver it. If someone really want to buy something they'll figure out a way to get to you. Not to mention your wife has reason to worry so why act like an ass and call her nosy? The only reason your selling is because she got you the newer bike in the first place, right?

Like baptizo said, listen to your wife. Good luck to you..

• Upvote 1

All issues aside, why attack each other publicly throwing insults? Solve this between yourselves like adults... This reminds me of the little middle school kids who argue on Facebook and get their friends to help them insult their "boyfriend/girlfriend"

Yeah Butters you are right on this one. No sarcasm. Your right I'm sorry.

Like I said before I have no problem riding the bike to a 1/2 way point. Its an excuse to ride, and possibly miss some work. I don't have permission from work to do that much yet even.

All issues aside, why attack each other publicly throwing insults? Solve this between yourselves like adults... This reminds me of the little middle school kids who argue on Facebook and get their friends to help them insult their "boyfriend/girlfriend"

True.... the whole come deliver to me since you knocked down the price and broken down vehicle just set off some instincts. On here everyone seems to have experiences with buying and selling. This is a riders site after all....wanted input and to hopefully get someone to open their eyes. Guess gifting a bike to replace an older one is the last thing I'll ever do again. Geez...

Meeting buyer 1/2 way is ok by me. It is an excuse to ride a motorcycle with out all the grief. Mrs Paranoid Nosey Ass is looking for an excuse for anything to happen. Lexington is the big city close to Paris. I do same thing with the hick ass town I live in. I give Dayton or Troy. He also mentioned being off 68 Paris and Lexington are on 68. The plot thickens.

As for his CL add that is what he described as selling. Custom flame, lowered, and seats. Didn't give reason other than he isn't a fan of the bike. Conspiracies abound.

Phone not matching dunno could be his bosses phone, Father in laws or, hell could be his, Its a cell phone didn't know they could be looked up. Oh no his phone shows up Paris, Ky. Mine shows up Piqua, Oh. OMG Its the end of the world. 

My bikes insured I get money If its stolen, if he wants to rob me whats he going to get $20 and some plastic I will cancel. Pay in counterfiet bills I still get paid by my insurance. 

All that being said who wants to go with me. I'll let you ride the Sprint and we can nut to butt it all the way back.

Personally I wouldn't deliver but your bike your rules or wifes bike her rules is how I see it.

Now nuts to butt you may have better luck if it was the wife involved instead of you. Just sayin.

• Upvote 1

Deposit. Non-refundable. Enough to cover your cost down an back, times two. If he's legit, he'll agree to this and you take it off the final price at hand shaking time. If he's not, you'll not hear from him again.

This at bare minimum.  If he balks, he has to realize that there were costs involved with you schlepping the bike down there, and that since he passed on it he is still responsible for those costs.  If I'm placing a wager, I'm guessing he's going to pass on this and you'll never hear from him again.  If you insist on making the trek without this, then be prepared for a sob story or some other thing that "comes up" that he'll want to knock the price down further.  It's easy to get wrapped up in the "neighborly" ethos of CL, the reality is you're making a business transaction and you should make sure your costs are covered accordingly, especially when the seller wants you to go over and above.

Hell, when I bought my 600RR (from here, not from CL, same principle applies) I managed to secure a van to drive down to WV, never asked the sellers for a thing.  If this guy is willing to spend $2000 for a toy, he can't either come up with an extra $100 to secure a trunk/van, or even draft one of his friends for free to drive him up so he can ride back home?

• Upvote 1