Mini Track Day At Crp On 8/31/13 ?

redkow97

Keep a open mind about that old 2-stroke technology......lol If you need a reminder, some my friends used that motor to set land speed record and just about all the outlaw karts guys use it as well as hill climber friend. A young man on a hopped-up Yamaha motard at beaverun said it was old technology....I kinda chuckled and thought to myself we'll see......lol

I have nothing against 2 stokes at all. Own a couple now.

I was asking because my CRF250 would probably blow up riding a big track.

I have no concerns about beating a two stroke around CRP though.

• Upvote 1

I have nothing against 2 stokes at all. Own a couple now.

I was asking because my CRF250 would probably blow up riding a big track.

I have no concerns about beating a two stroke around CRP though.

My Cr500 will have to be mellow out to be ridden on CRP.....this fall I'll be down with a few friends....lol

• 1 month later...

hopefully everyone talking about riding supermoto on here will come out and race at circleville next season, would be awesome to get a big supermoto crowd out there and help the scne and sport grow in ohio, seems like lots of state have there own series and i cant seem to find one for ohio

Was looking at beaver run lap times and the little track is only a little bit quicker than the 'big' track.

1:08 isn't a horrible time on the little track.

I don't remember what the XR's were running on the Wilson Circuit, but 1:08 on the big track is pretty quick for a bike that probably tops out under 120mph.

I want to say the fast SV riders will do 1:05's and 1:06's on the North track ...which is what I run on a 600.

The fast 600 riders will turn :58's all day long, and dip into the :57's in ideal conditions.

I need to re-gear before we go back to the Wilson circuit.   My poor XR was bouncing off the rev limiter before the chicane :(    Bigger tires may be more appropriate than shorter gearing though.

this past year, at motoseries:

the fast SV riders ran 3's and 4's.

front runner novices 600sbk ran  2's and 3's (probably 1's too... i know for sure 2's and 3's were normal).  experts ran god knows what. 

experts ran god knows what. 

Nyra has seen :57's

Maybe not with MotoSeries, or in a sanctioned race, but I am sure he's broken the :58 mark.  I know a few others have as well with WERA.

That's impressive that SV's are in the 3's and 4's, but I guess it stands to reason when the experts will still able to pass me on the brakes during open practice.