Anyplace In Central Ohio Sell Non-ethanol Gas

bobtheelder

Just got back from a family vacation to Florida and the further South I went the more often I saw gas stations with signs saying "No Ethanol in Our Gas"

I stopped and filled up my truck with the real, pure gas and I couldn't believe how much better it ran. Went from 19mpg to 22mpg on that tank full too. I'm wondering how much better my bike would run on some pure gasoline, but can't seem to find it locally.... anybody know of a station that has it?

Thanks

Bob

I thought it was law that gas pumps had to be labeled to show octane rating and whether it contained ethanol.  There is also supposed to be a current tag from the state weights and measures showing its been tested to make sure when the pump says it pumped a gallon, it actually did.

Anyway, here is a link you might check out.....

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=OH

Just got back from a family vacation to Florida and the further South I went the more often I saw gas stations with signs saying "No Ethanol in Our Gas"

I stopped and filled up my truck with the real, pure gas and I couldn't believe how much better it ran. Went from 19mpg to 22mpg on that tank full too. I'm wondering how much better my bike would run on some pure gasoline, but can't seem to find it locally.... anybody know of a station that has it?

Thanks

Bob

I saw that on my last trip to the Smokies.  Once I got into GA all the stations had no ethanol premium. And I agree with your assessment that stuff runs better. I was amazed at how much better my bike ran. The only places I know of and have seen in Ohio are marina's that sell boat fuel.

Fredonia general store off 661 & Sportsmanclub Rd, east of Johnstown just north of Granville has 90 octane no ethanol pure gas, it is $4.19/gallon. Just got 10 gallons this week, they only have it for spring and summer months.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jay! I'm in Johnstown so I'll be visiting there soon with a few cans :)

By the way, guys, the pumps down South all have the Federal stickers about Ethanol. They just had big signs out front saying there was none in the gas.

The tank on my duc had to be replaced because of freaking ethanol - thankfully it was done under warranty - but that stuff is garbage. I can't believe it's not required to label this in Ohio....