Sena Bluetooth Smh10r

attentiongetter92

i just bought a dual pack SMH10 from Iron Pony.  they matched an online price from Comp Acc and i got them for $249.99

i have only used it once so far, but absolutely like it better than my Interphone F5 system i had.

will be using them this weekend on a 4 day trip.  they are definitely louder than my interphone F5, and easier to use.  

hoping battery life is great to boot.

Battery life is awesome Ryan, I have never had mine die on me. And what 4 day trip are you taking, you never ran that by me. ;)

Battery life is awesome Ryan, I have never had mine die on me. And what 4 day trip are you taking, you never ran that by me. ;)

SMH10 pricing is really getting good and I'm starting to consider swapping out my Cardo Q2 for a pair.  Brian and others, does the new 20S offer enough compelling features/improvements to warrant $100 more per headset?

SMH10 pricing is really getting good and I'm starting to consider swapping out my Cardo Q2 for a pair.  Brian and others, does the new 20S offer enough compelling features/improvements to warrant $100 more per headset?

Ease of use, overall quality, works great.......get what ya pay for. ;)

Edited by Pokey

Ease of use, overall quality, works great.......get what ya pay for. ;)

I agree, and I'd love the ability to pair headsets with groups so easily (and I could have been a much better sweep on the Romney trip with one) - I'm just wondering if the new 20S is $100 better than their SMH10.  I'm seeing the '10 go for about $150 and the '20S for about $250 right now.

I agree, and I'd love the ability to pair headsets with groups so easily (and I could have been a much better sweep on the Romney trip with one) - I'm just wondering if the new 20S is $100 better than their SMH10.  I'm seeing the '10 go for about $150 and the '20S for about $250 right now.

I see what ya mean, I would say go for the SMH10. I will not replace mine until it dies, no need to upgrade what works so well already.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought a set of these for our trip to Indy for the Miracle Ride.  If you are on the fence about getting a set, do it!  Installation was very easy, sound quality is good and functionality is awesome.  It's great if you commute as you can pair to your phone and stream anything (mps, iheartradio, pandora, songza, etc) and answer calls.  I can take calls up to 70+ mph with no issues and everyone is surprised when I tell them I am on a bike. 

There is one drawback to these but it's a limitation of Bluetooth implementation on phones.  These units will put priority for GPS but only if it's a stand alone GPS with Bluetooth.  This means it will break into the intercom with turn by turn directions ONLY if it's a stand alone GPS. If you use your phone for directions, IT WILL NOT interrupt the intercom.  This is due to phones sending the GPS audio over the same audio channels as your music or streaming.  No phone yet sends the GPS audio via a secondary mono channel (similar to a handsfree device).   I will say that this IS NOT a flaw in the Sena system but a flaw in how the navigation systems have been implemented via Bluetooth on smartphones. We did find this slightly annoying as we had to turn off the intercom when we needed to use the GPS.  Not that I minded too much when I had to turn the wife off for a bit! (I'm kidding, mostly...)

This minor inconvenience is far out weighed by how well these work.  The battery life (like others have stated) is that good.  With the newest update, it now allows you to share music and adds a the ability to pair with other brands, which is a huge plus.  It's about time they compatibility with other brands. 

After one week with these, I wondered why it took so long for me to buy a set.