Back On 2 And F*ck Winter

gen3flygirl

I will be back on 2 wheels at the end of the month after I move to Saipan!!!! I got another flying job and this time it is out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean island hoping along the Northern Mariana Islands. As soon as my season ends here in Maine I will be back in Ohio for a week then hoping on a plane to move out there. My buddy is out there right now and moving back mid October at which point I will be buying his scooter off of him. I'm a little nervous making such a huge move but the idea of 70-80 and sunny every day makes it a little less scary.

• Upvote 4

That's an awesome opportunity for you. Congrats.If you have the time I'd love to see the old WWII airfields and other historic things from an aerial perspective to see how they look today.

I have been looking at a ton of pictures online and alot of the bunkers and stuff are all over grown but the airfield on tinian should still be visable. I scuba dive so I am going to try and take an underwater photography class to get some shots of the tanks and planes around the islands.

I made the mistake of google searching coconut crabs. I'm fucked. Those things are going to scare the shit out of me the first time I see one and if one falls out of a tree onto me I am going to flip out.

• Upvote 1

I have been looking at a ton of pictures online and alot of the bunkers and stuff are all over grown but the airfield on tinian should still be visable. I scuba dive so I am going to try and take an underwater photography class to get some shots of the tanks and planes around the islands.

I made the mistake of google searching coconut crabs. I'm fucked. Those things are going to scare the shit out of me the first time I see one and if one falls out of a tree onto me I am going to flip out.

If you would share those pictures with us I'd be eternally grateful. I doubt I'll ever be there in my lifetime but I'm a geek who's into history and I'm always curious about places like that and want to learn all I can about it just for my own education. 

If you would share those pictures with us I'd be eternally grateful. I doubt I'll ever be there in my lifetime but I'm a geek who's into history and I'm always curious about places like that and want to learn all I can about it just for my own education. 

Of course. I have a "take only pictures, leave only footprints" policy when traveling. I have been watching a ton of history channel docs on youtube about the islands. I might audit a history class on the islands they offer at the local college.

• Upvote 1