Zimmerman Arrested Again.

Casper

Yes divorces are ugly. Can't trust anyone.

...but in this particular case...

How many times will someone have to do something, before it is a pattern? Z has established a pattern in my mind, and when it comes to violence, I will always believe the other person first.

I'd like to see some evidence. I was stuck in the middle of my parents nasty divorce and I know ll the bullshit tips and tricks divorce lawyers use. Frankly I don't believe her one bit since this happened after she filed. BIG red flag

• Upvote 1

Also my points are based solely on the divorce aspect. That's the thing about divorce lawyers, they use "track records" against the other person regardless of accuracy because they can paint that picture easily to win

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm thinking when the dust settles there will be a lot less to this story than some of the "hair trigger" comments would lead people to believe.

"The Press" hasn't had such a good track record on breaking news lately. Time will of course sort it all out.  :eatdrink:   

• Upvote 1

I'm hesitant to believe whatever is printed about Zimmy.....one would think he's learned a lesson about keeping a low profile but if it were anyone else it wouldn't have made it to the national news (or even the local news)....and I can only imagine having to now go through a divorce is a bit too much stress after the trial.  As for his wife, she's clearly inclined to lie but it's best to give the benefit of a doubt, regardless.  

I feel for the guy but he really should think long and hard about going overseas for awhile if he can afford to do so.  

Leave all of this bullshit in the wind.  

Maybe ask for asylum in Russia.....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/09/20406563-police-called-to-incident-between-george-zimmerman-wife?lite

I think I just got seasick trying to follow this meandering story.  Is there even one statement not contradicted by the next?  He had his hand on a gun and threatened with it, then there was no contact with a gun.  He punched her father then there were no marks on anyone... It goes on and on.

I'm not buying any of it at this point.  The only thing I know for sure about Zimmy is that he needs to send an independent party over to retrieve his shit with video recording the whole while, and stay the heck away from her during the divorce process, for everyone's good.  Sounds to me like she's an emotional nutter.

The story I read earlier on CNN is that a gun was found in the house but was "not involved".

Florida needs to seriously think about pulling his permit for a while.  He had a BG, so he's safe enough.

Really? Maybe Ohio should revoke some of your constitutional rights, just "for a while". :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

I'm thinking when the dust settles there will be a lot less to this story than some of the "hair trigger" comments would lead people to believe.

"The Press" hasn't had such a good track record on breaking news lately. Time will of course sort it all out.  :eatdrink:   

A police spokesman said Zimmerman and his wife, who filed for divorce last week, were blaming each other for starting the fight at her father's home.

In an audio recording of Shellie Zimmerman's 911 call, she can be heard saying Zimmerman smashed an iPad she was holding and cut it with a pocket knife, struck her father in the nose and threatened both while putting a hand on a gun.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.

"Domestic violence can't be invoked because she has changed her story and says she didn't see a firearm," Bracknell said.

The dispute "was between him and his wife and her father,'' Morgan said. "There were some allegations that there had been an assault, but we could not confirm any of it.''

Zimmerman has been pulled over at least twice for speeding since his acquittal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/09/george-zimmerman-gun-incident-florida-trayvon-martin/2788443/

Really? Maybe Ohio should revoke some of your constitutional rights, just "for a while". :rolleyes:

Florida law requires the suspension of a CCW for a DV *arrest*.

Federal law prohibits possession of a firearm by anyone with a DV *conviction*.

Ohio law requires the suspension of a CHL upon arrest for an offense that could disqualify you if convicted.

Do you not think it's prudent to suspend a CCW after a person is accused of a gun crime - at least until it is determined that no charges will be filed?

TBH, he's likely to lose the permit anyway as anyone who is subject to "restraining order" is required to have their CCW/CHL suspended until the order is lifted.  During a divorce it's standard for both parties to have restraining orders issued against each other.  Ergo once the divorce filing is accepted and the TPOs are filed his CCW/CHL goes bye-bye until he's done.

Edited by Scruit

Do you not think it's prudent to suspend a CCW after a person is accused of a gun crime - at least until it is determined that no charges will be filed?

No, because that would violate due process of the law!. At that point, anyone could disarm anyone else by just accusing them of a gun crime.

• Upvote 1

No, because that would violate due process of the law!. At that point, anyone could disarm anyone else by just accusing them of a gun crime.

It's a double-edged sword, for sure.  You have to weigh the chances of the accused person subsequently committing an offense with that gun versus the chances that the reporting person is lying.  There is no right answer here.

Sure there is a right answer. You don't punish people for shit they haven't done, yet. It's actually quite simple.

Suspension is not a punishment.  Arrest is not a punishment, it's a means of gaining control of a situation until you can figure out what is going on.

I guess it doesn't make sense when compared to a DUI suspect who doesn't lose his license until convicted.  Definitely a double standard.