Ever Had To...

Scruit

...knock on a car's window, slap on it's roof or punch its mirror to get the person's attention so they stop merging into you??

Someone in a minivan pulled a cheeky double-lane change into me and squeezed me up against the fog line.  The sight of me in her passenger window didn't stop her, the sound of my upgraded horns (car horns) didn't stop her - it was only when I slapped the top of her mirror that she quit merging into me.  (No damage, just hard enough with my fingers to get her attention.  Not even enough to move it)  

Not only have there been a lot of accidents on the news recently, but I've been coming across an unusual amount of idiots on the road lately.

Ive had it happen to me a couple times.  One time the guy got close enough for me to kick his door.  Then they look at you like its your fault.

I hate to ride paranoid, but generally whenever I am in traffic, I just assume everyone is going to do the dumbest thing I can imagine.  Like looking right into your eyes and then pulling out in front of you.

Edited by okeefe01

Fog line is the narrow rumble strip past the white line, so you can find the edge of your lane in poor visibility or when you're too busy rubbing one out down the turnpike to pay attention to your driving.

I rarely stay next to anyone on the highway, I either pull ahead or slow down to get away from any future idiocy or their general lack of responsibility in vehicle operations :nono:

No video? I are dissappoint. :(

There is a video, however I am seeking legal advice before releasing it.

In some states you are required to stop and share info whenever there is an accident - damage/injury or not.  My understanding of Ohio law is that if there is no damage or injury then there is no requirement to stop and share info.  As my motorbike made no contact with her car, and the only contact was me slapping her vehicle to get her attention (which caused no damage) I just continued riding (didn't book it, she was behind me for another 5 or 6 miles and could read my plate the whole way).

Yeah, I need a louder horn. We used to get dual horns from the junkyard and use them.

I had a couple of merges on me a while back, but none lately.

I tend to ride along side really close and stare at them.

They usually go back out of my lane. Actually, always get out of my lane.

Risky, but I'm not actually looking at them, I'm watching their front wheel for turning into me.

They don't know that.

lane sharing doesn't involve driving the other person out of their lane

Sorry. I forgot to include a lol with that for ya. I just find it amusing that the op had enough time to honk his horn, refocus his vision on the encroaching vehicle & swat said vehicle's mirror. Evasive action beats a "stand your ground" panic reaction like the op's any day of the week.