Mid-ohio Twilight 9/14!

Limitedslip7

Going to my first twilight tomorrow night at Mid-Ohio, 9/14. Anyone else going? I've only done one Intermediate session but I'm running 1:50-1:52 laptimes now so I figure I should be fine. Might be a little chilly at 66 though!

Also, does anyone who rode the last Mid-Ohio twilight remember if a tall guy in black leathers wrecked a red/black 1998 Honda 900RR?

I also got an invite to a free Mid-Ohio trackday on Oct 7th for riding more than four trackdays this year! Anyone been to one of these?

Going to my first twilight tomorrow night at Mid-Ohio, 9/14. Anyone else going? I've only done one Intermediate session but I'm running 1:50-1:52 laptimes now so I figure I should be fine. Might be a little chilly at 66 though!

Also, does anyone who rode the last Mid-Ohio twilight remember if a tall guy in black leathers wrecked a red/black 1998 Honda 900RR?

I also got an invite to a free Mid-Ohio trackday on Oct 7th for riding more than four trackdays this year! Anyone been to one of these?

I will be there tomorrow.  Twilights are a blast.

I was at last years customer appreciation day and who complain about a free trackday?  Already signed up for the 7th. Sign up before all of the spots are taken.

I rode terribly. Feels like a wasted day since I didn't learn anything or get faster. I was killing it (for me) at the last trackday but this one felt like two steps back, I just couldn't get into it and focus for some reason.

Oh well, there is still Oct 7th! Can't end the season on a sour note...

Yesterday was crazy.  A LOT of guys that were either really not qualified to be there or people were just wiggin out over the track temp.  All I know is that it was crazy.  Red flags all day every 1/2 hour it seemed and clumps of riders that were just riding tense and stressed.  A few notable guys running where I expected, but it was crazy yesterday.

But, it wasn't near an issue as most made it to be and the track was pretty good.  But, a trackday is better than sitting at home watching TV.

I agree with Brian ,lots of people show up who have no business to ride at twilight.1:50 it's not twilight pace,more like first group in novice.track condition was very good,even later when get cooler the grip wasn't that bad.

Seems like its always that way. Was is worse than usual?

Seems like its always that way. Was is worse than usual?

Yes.  I think the cooler track temps made everyone a little skiddish.  But a lot of new faces and many that shouldn't run Twilights.  The Twilights are to be for experienced (Mid to upper level ) Intermediates and Advanced riders...