Chase Laying Off Another 440

Casper

It ain't even that bad... They're laying off a ton of people, but hiring a shit ton too.. Most people are just migrating to new positions and the ones who don't get a fucking baller severance package and chase helps them find new jobs at other companies... They layed off 150 people today at my location and nobody walked out of that meeting upset ... Plus, they give 90 days notice to give you time to apply for other positions in the company... You don't walk in and get let go.. Even give you time off during that 90 days to interview at other companies

Yeah.  I was at an assembly for my kid of some sort years back during the crisis and the guy in front of me was talking about his severance from Chase that was something like 65 weeks pay.

About the bailout, I don't blame these guys in particular.  Chase took the money because they were more or less forced to so the other banks didn't have a "stigma".  Once Chase paid the money back, the Treasury had made something like a 40% return on their "investment" in Chase.

Yeah.  I was at an assembly for my kid of some sort years back during the crisis and the guy in front of me was talking about his severance from Chase that was something like 65 weeks pay.

About the bailout, I don't blame these guys in particular.  Chase took the money because they were more or less forced to so the other banks didn't have a "stigma".  Once Chase paid the money back, the Treasury had made something like a 40% return on their "investment" in Chase.

I can tell you that isn' the case.  I can also say it's not all roses.  Just what I heard..... 

Oh and thanks Casper :)

Edited by madcat6183

Wow! What a nice bank. They paid out millions so the other banks didn't feel bad. Makes perfect business sense to me?

Just what I heard.  It was also five years ago.

Chase is a business but they took the money hoping that by so doing, the whole system would survive.  Turned out okay even though they paid through the nose when all was said and done.

Last post in this one.  Back to motorcycle stuff.

It ain't even that bad... They're laying off a ton of people, but hiring a shit ton too.. Most people are just migrating to new positions and the ones who don't get a fucking baller severance package and chase helps them find new jobs at other companies... They layed off 150 people today at my location and nobody walked out of that meeting upset ... Plus, they give 90 days notice to give you time to apply for other positions in the company... You don't walk in and get let go.. Even give you time off during that 90 days to interview at other companies

it's the new fad.  basically get rid of the older workers who make too much and bring in all the kids who don't know better and are willing to work at 1/4 of the rate they're worth.

it's happening everywhere.

I hope that 5/3 has to make some cuts too.  I hope they pissed off enough other people and they closed their checking accounts also when they put an $11 fee to them.  they make god damn good money off the interest of my money in their fucking bank, I'm not about to give them another $132 a year.

they can suck my dick.  I had that account since 1997 and it's always been free.

Edited by serpentracer

it's the new fad. basically get rid of the older workers who make too much and bring in all the kids who don't know better and are willing to work at 1/4 of the rate they're worth.

I hope that 5/3 has to make some cuts too. I hope they pissed off enough other people and they closed their checking accounts also when they put an $11 fee to them. they make god damn good money off the interest of my money in their fucking bank, I'm not about to give them another $132 a year.

they can suck my dick. I had that account since 1997 and it's always been free.

How so? The people they are cutting get first dibs on all the new jobs. They're just restructuring for new government regulations... And they definitely aren't hiring for 1/4 of what they normally pay.... I work standard collections and make over 60k a year... Doubt they ever paid 240k a year to hourly employees

How so? The people they are cutting get first dibs on all the new jobs. They're just restructuring for new government regulations... And they definitely aren't hiring for 1/4 of what they normally pay.... I work standard collections and make over 60k a year... Doubt they ever paid 240k a year to hourly employees

collections for Chase and make 60k? Impossible.

it's the new fad. basically get rid of the older workers who make too much and bring in all the kids who don't know better and are willing to work at 1/4 of the rate they're worth.

I hope that 5/3 has to make some cuts too. I hope they pissed off enough other people and they closed their checking accounts also when they put an $11 fee to them. they make god damn good money off the interest of my money in their fucking bank, I'm not about to give them another $132 a year.

they can suck my dick. I had that account since 1997 and it's always been free.

Same with 5/3 I switched to a credit Union.

Hiring @ 1/4 of pay. Well my shop has learned they get 1/4 of the work. Kids (18-25) are to busy playing on phones and to much online drama. Not all but most.

Edited by snot

They let 40 go from a division up here where my Mrs. works. Her team is as safe as one could, be, we guess, but then again no one ever really is. She has a pretty unique job, and she too said that some of the folks that are getting let go are transitioning into different roles. I know more about Chase that I probably care to. I also know enough that the wife and I both use credit unions. 

collections for Chase and make 60k? Impossible.

No reason to lie bub. 18.19/hr base pay comes to around 38k plus 2250/mo bonus for smashing the easy ass production goals adds another 27k yearly. My "Gross Pay" is sitting right at $64,200/yr. Bet me $500 cash and I'll send you a copy of my paystubs for the past 2 month showing no OT (aside from like maybe 10-20 minutes, where i got stuck on calls for a minute or two after shift ended). We're allowed 10 hrs OT per week also which would gross me another grand a  month if wasn't too lazy to work it, which would bring me to around $76k.... Wanna get proved wrong? Let's do it, throw some cash on the table. I work standard base collections, loss mit solicitor on dialer

Edited by Steve Butters

Why you always calling me out anyways? I don't even know you. You tried that shit before when I mentioned a traffic stop back in Ohio. I have no reason to lie about any of that shit. What would that benefit me at all?

Edited by Steve Butters

No reason to lie bub. 18.19/hr base pay comes to around 38k plus 2250/mo bonus for smashing the easy ass production goals adds another 27k yearly. Bet me $500 cash and I'll send you a copy of my $3500 pay stub from the last 2wks with zero OT on it. We're allowed 10 hrs OT also which would net me another grand a month if wasn't too lazy to work it.... Wanna get proved wrong? Let's do it, throw some cash on the table. I work standard base collections, loss mit solicitor on dialer

Id rather not bet money lol. But o believe ya....just didn't think u guys made that much.

sent from double thumbin' it

Id rather not bet money lol. But o believe ya....just didn't think u guys made that much.

sent from double thumbin' it

people on dialer do. ownerships collections where my gf works pays 2-3 dollars less and the bonus structure is fucked. they dont do so hot, but she still makes about16/hr and with her mandatory OT and her bonus when she gets it, her checks are $40 less than me......supervisor jobs are cool and everything, but once you get off the phones you take a pay cut....even job coaches....

only even mentioned pay because someone posted that chase is firing everyone and rehiring new employees for 1/4 of the money, which isnt true. UPS does that, ive seen it, I know companies will do it....but that isnt the case currently at chase....you know as well as i do that the reason for all these layoffs and rehires is the reg x BS....it doesnt have to do with some big plot to fire hard working people and replace them with high schoolers at minimum wage