Car Alarm

Steve Butters

Remodelling the garage is not an easy solution.

Cut out switch and a transponder immobilizer would work much better.

In an old car I have I made an immobilizer that interrupted the clutch switch. I used a pair or relays that would reset to "armed" when the key was removed. When the key was put in the ignition the first relay would be activated by pressing a hidden switch. Pressing the switch activated the second relay which fed back into the first relay keeping both relays "latched" (stuck on). The switched side of the second relay was inline with the clutch safety switch so the car would refuse to start if you didn't press the secret button.

The secret button on my old car was actually attached to the handbrake lever, UNDER the leather boot. I could press it with my thumb by putting my hand ont he lever. Nobody ever noticed it.

I still have that relay pair setup. I need to install it into my current car. It only cost me about $15.

Have a hidden start button on my dune buggy, but anyone with even a basic understanding of mechanics would be able to hotwire it in minutes

yea no big deal or expense to tear the roof off a house, build it taller, knock out the bedroom on the other side of the garage wall to create an overhang for a truck bed, then try and explain to the HOA and the landlord who owns the house why one section is taller than the other section and why you just turned their house from a 3 bedroom to a 2 and a half bedroom......youre such a fucking idiot magley. like i said, glad this is so fucking entertaining for you. youre the biggest piece of shit ive ever come in contact with. i hope some day your fucking karma catches up to you. fuck you.

no DIY capability? i bet ive done more construction work than you have....apparently you dont know what all is fucking involved in a project like that even on a house you own, let alone on a house youre renting and in a neighborhood with an HOA....youve clearly displayed that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about so please just shut the fuck up.

when you fuck around with someone over some dumb shit like gun laws, thats one thing. to take some shit like this that is actually impacting my family and myself and turn it into a fucking game for yourself, you really are a fucking piece of shit. i sincerely from the bottom of my heart hope that something like this happens to you some day so you know how it fucking feels.

that truck had a lot of sentimental value to my stepdad, and a few personal items from his wedding were inside of it and even those are gone - shit hes more upset that he lost that stuff than the rest of the truck. keep fucking making fun of the situation dude, keep displaying what a fucking scumbag you are. that shit will catch up to you some day. hopefully sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

yea no big deal or expense to tear the roof off a house, build it taller, knock out the bedroom on the other side of the garage wall to create an overhang for a truck bed, then try and explain to the HOA and the landlord who owns the house why one section is taller than the other section and why you just turned their house from a 3 bedroom to a 2 and a half bedroom......youre such a fucking idiot magley. like i said, glad this is so fucking entertaining for you. youre the biggest piece of shit ive ever come in contact with. i hope some day your fucking karma catches up to you. fuck you.

no DIY capability? i bet ive done more construction work than you have....apparently you dont know what all is fucking involved in a project like that even on a house you own, let alone on a house youre renting and in a neighborhood with an HOA....youve clearly displayed that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about so please just shut the fuck up.

when you fuck around with someone over some dumb shit like gun laws, thats one thing. to take some shit like this that is actually impacting my family and myself and turn it into a fucking game for yourself, you really are a fucking piece of shit. i sincerely from the bottom of my heart hope that something like this happens to you some day so you know how it fucking feels.

that truck had a lot of sentimental value to my stepdad, and a few personal items from his wedding were inside of it and even those are gone - shit hes more upset that he lost that stuff than the rest of the truck. keep fucking making fun of the situation dude, keep displaying what a fucking scumbag you are. that shit will catch up to you some day. hopefully sooner than later.

When we did it it was with bottle jacks, but a lift would have been nice.

Wasn't aware of your rental and hoa situation when i suggested it, but hell that makes it even easier, rent a house with a bigger garage.

And i still dont see where i was cracking jokes or making fun of anyone, just trying to offer more effective solutions.

Edited by magley64

Fagley, you are one of the main reasons this site sucks anymore. Get it through your head that nobody want to hear your opinion on anything. Only a true idiot wouldn't recognize that by this stage.

Ever wonder why none of your DTC buds ever log in anymore? Or why barely any of the old members do?

Your constant trolling has contributed greatly to the degradation of what was once a great website.

Fagley, you are one of the main reasons this site sucks anymore. Get it through your head that nobody want to hear your opinion on anything. Only a true idiot wouldn't recognize that by this stage.

Ever wonder why none of your DTC buds ever log in anymore? Or why barely any of the old members do?

Your constant trolling has contributed greatly to the degradation of what was once a great website.

Figured you'd be chiming in, sweet cheeks.

Fagley, wow, real creative, haven't heard that since 5th grade...

Many of the old dtc's have had major life events, the sams, and fonzie, new jobs, legal battles, so on and so forth. Still, many other dtc regulars still do pop on and chime in from time to time.