OR roadtrip feeler.....JENNINGS GP!

RHill

msg me for any details you need as far as the how the day is run.. we have ran this style event for 5 years now with only 2 crashes in 5 years.. with all levels of skill involved.. last year was 2 guys first track days ever plus multiple AMA/ WERA guys.. its all about the ones you invite.. not the asshats

Rubbin's racing

So says the asshat that STILL HAS NO RACE BIKE!!!  Shit or get of the damn pot, Drew!!  :lol:

Calvin,I think it's time to get off a 50hp dirtbike next season and see what these clean passes are all about....lol

I would pay to see your ass on something other than a two-smoker.  Lots of good used race bikes are showing up on the boards, no excuses!

OK people, so here is the deal; there are a few slots available in March and the surrounding months.  I requested dates adjacent to weekends, that way at least one day commuting does not require vacation AND anyone who is interested in staying another day has that opportunity. From their response it looks like Friday March 3rd, 7th or Monday March 24th or 31st are the days in March we have to choose from.  Friday Feb. 28th is also available.

Their office is closed till Thursday the 17th, I'd like to have a date picked out by then if we are going to do this.  Personally, I'd prefer a Monday...probably the 24th or 31st.

TwiztedRabbit(Jason) has been a big help with providing ideas on how to handle the financial side of things while keeping this simple and FUN.  If you haven't already taken a look at the costs; Jennings breaks down it's track rental as such:

1 - 6 Riders      $2350

7 - 15 Riders    $2895

16 - 30  Riders $3395

31 - 50 Riders  $3995

There are a few additional options; 

Additional Corner workers ($90.00 each per day)

Tire Service $60. 1 ½ hours twice a day/all day for $125/ $15 a flip

Start and Stop (Mock Races) practices $150.00                             

Gate Person ($10.00 an hour/night before) minimum of 3 hours                                          

IMHO I think tire service and a gate person are necessities.  So that is an additional $155 tacked on the above rental costs.  

Obviously, this makes exactly splitting the rental fee very difficult, because you don't know an exact price or number of riders to divide by until the last person signs up.  On the opposite side of the spectrum is the rental deposit;  $500 to hold the date and 50% 60 days prior.  This is where Twizted presented the idea of a flat rate per rider paid in advance, and any extra money is put toward amenities such as providing lunch, mock races, or giveaways.

I'd say the number of riders is completely up in the air, which makes determining a flat rate price awkward.  There seems to be a lot of interest, but no "barrier to entry" at this point.  I'd say we start at $220 entrance fee assuming a "mid-teens" turnout and move forward from there.  If we pass 20 people and start to develop a significant "Fun Fund" I'm sure we can find a way to put the money to good use....covering entrance fees, Jennings or OR t-shirts.  Upwards of 25 riders, maybe gift certificates to the website sponsors or something a little more significant.  I'm open to ALL ideas; however, I DO NOT want to do partial refunds, especially if anyone pays in cash....I'm not spending my vacation day at the track running people down to give them $25 back.  

Just to put this out there, I have absolutely no interest in making a dime off this; I'll be putting my entrance fee in just like everyone else.  I originally planned on just hitting up a normal trackday or 3 at Jennings, but it seems like there is enough interest to make this happen and it will be an absolute blast.  I'll keep account of all the transactions and if anyone wants to "check the books" I'll be more than happy to share all the financials.

This is still a feeler/brainstorming post....I'll put together an official launch post in the next couple days, so please provide input.  

Edited by RHill

I am definetly interested the date being the biggest deciding factory ( the later the better). Money is not a problem since Jeff and I are planning to rob a few banks this winter to pay for the 2014 race season.

Anyone interested in our bank robbing scheme please contact me or Ron to get all the details !

Edited by J_Copeland