My 10/12 Adventure.

Anden

I have been trying to put a route together for a the Triumph guys in my area for a while now. I think I have done it finally. Needless to say I will be introducing it to you all soon enough. Clear four or five hours from your schedule yes its that long in my area. Who would have thought.

Anyway my adventure:

Day started as any other Wife even said have fun. Head into Dayton and I'm getting waved at a lot A lot more than the usual random ass wave from cars. Lends me to believe something is wrong with the bike get off an exit early to find nothing. 

Out side of West Milton I come upon a chicken. Yes chicken. Had already crossed the road and was working is way back. Now the chicken and I came to an agreement as I was slowing up to avoid her. She wouldn't do anything stupid and I would give her a wide berth. I held up my end of the bargain the  chicken did not. She decided once I got close enough that she could fly. Thank Flying Spaghetti Monster we didn't get into each other.  

Stopped in Gettysburg for a soda. Had the usual questions about the bike. Still an oddball bike to the world. Had a fellow named Alex come up to me and ask if I wanted to see his trucks. Which I thought was an odd question considering there were no trucks in the parking lot. I sized him up saw he was handicapped and figured I could take him. Ok lets see these trucks. We walk over to the trunk of his car were he has a couple stadium trucks. Alex then gave me an in depth run down of his trucks and the tracks. Alex told me that I could hang out till race time and drive one of his trucks. I thanked Alex for the offer but I needed to be moving on.

Demming or Demmit  road off rt66 is usually pretty fun. This mile or two stretch of road is never trouble some and very nice. Not on this day. I came hammering down it from Spiker rd. Good sized hill to go down and was carrying a ton of speed. At the bottom of the hill it was chip-sealed with sand. Looked like a bridge over the creek from a distance. But once on top of the sand the bike squirmed all over the place. Holy shit!! I Figure the whole road is fucked and I'm travelling way to fast. And the road is back to normal again. Just that fast. I still slow up considerably take it easy for a couple turns and decide the road is ok. Hammer the hard right into. What The Fuck? Did a farmer plow the road? Why is there dirt in my lane? How the? So much dirt. Looks like Richie Rich here is putting in a new driveway. They made such a mess I took next turn in the other lane. cautiously continued on and found more sand at a bridge. By more I mean I was crossing dunes. Round final corner and I find a large chemical spill. Kitty litter my whole lane up to the stop sign this ran for about 1/4 mile. 

Smooth sailing from here on. Wrong. Turn onto rt66 behind a new Caddy. While admiring the Caddy from behind I notice little black gravel on he ground. Didn't think anything of it because I couldn't feel it under the bike. Now the Caddy is slowing up along side the farm tractor blowing his horn. I slow up behind him and that is when I feel the sting. Then I hear it bouncing off my plastics. I am being pelted with manure. Fucking lovely! Peace out, around the horn bowing Caddy. See ya.

Finally homeward bound I get a couple of new riders. We didn't talk but I cussed them the whole time I was behind them. If you are members here grow up. You didn't win anything. You showed me you are new to motorcycling and a dick to your buddy. One of you need to learn how to turn. I came upon these two just out side of Sidney headed towards Piqua. I caught them running about 65-70 and they slowed to around 45. Moved to go around and you fools rocketed off. caught you again at about the same pace. You guys just matched my speed I knew you wouldn't let me around and if I wasn't doing something I would have headed off in another direction. This is when you all started to slow to make your turn well one of you anyway. The second one didn't attempt it. By the way your buddy looked hurt that you left him hanging. I was more disappointed in you for gunning it once again and flat out leaving your friend. Now I figured the fellow left behind was going to come blasting past me. He Didn't. Let me tell you all why. 25a Has some very nice long sweepers in it. High speed sweepers the kind I take at around 70-80 and know I can give lots more. You took them at 35. Not poking fun. Just that you have a lot to learn.

I would do this whole day over again except maybe the manure flinging. The rest of the time I had the roads to myself aside from some slow movers. And Ohio in the fall is lovely. I really enjoy life on two wheels. I wouldn't have my adventures any other way. 

• Upvote 2