New BMW standard coming

Al Z. Heimer

Lower the seat a couple inches. Add some ape hangers and you have that disgusting r1200c.

Maybe I'm just bitter but ever since the e46 and e60 went away everything bmw does has gone to crap, bikes and cars included

I was thinking the same thing about the r1200c.

I disagree with your second statement...my X6 is the shit

I was thinking the same thing about the r1200c.

I disagree with your second statement...my X6 is the shit

i worked for BMW for a few years. X6 was based on the x5 which was a decent SUV in the 2nd gen x5. But everything after that was an over engineered nightmare for anyone working on them

Sent from my flip razor using Tapatalk - now Free

I'll actually consider this if they have another wheel option. I don't do spokes.

I love the look, but the maintenance can be annoying. I am planning to re-lace my XR100 rim this winter. Ask me again after that if I still think the aesthetics are worth it :-P

I developed an interest in BMW bikes having watched "The Long Way Round" over the last month or so.    The more I look at this one, the more I like it.  Needs a 'real' sub-frame and tail, but the rest of the look is exactly what I'd like to achieve on whatever bike I end up with next.

BMWs are junk. As are Ducatis and Apes. I work out of my garage, so what would I know?? :dunno:

Hey easy there mister.  I like my Ducati junk.  It gives me an endless supply of wasted summer weekends of wrenching when I should be riding.  :whywithhands:

As for the BMW, I liked the look of the concept bikes but not so sure now that they are closer to production.  I've had this picture on my computer since 2011 and think it is awesome looking.  They put the pipes up high and left the wheel exposed, it's not a bad looking machine for something that's probably an overweight slug.

BMW_CONCEPT_LO_RIDER_01_1680x1050.jpg