Probably selling my Nomad.

Tonik

Looking for opinions on what it is worth, trade vs private. And chances of selling it this time of the year.  2013 Voyagers have some smoking deals on them right now, so it is time to pull the trigger.

2006 Kawasaki Nomad.  Green/Silver.  Reckless fairing and stereo. Highway bars with hard lowers and highway pegs. Mustang seat and backrest, throttle lock, amp gauge,  Fforks rebuilt this year and steering head bearings replaced.  Brakes pretty new and both tires are very new.

....but it has 70,000 miles on it.

Now I know the 70K doesn't mean anything, and anyone that knows the history on these bikes knows that.  But I do have the mileage issue with the rest of the uneducated world.

Some nice rebates and deals on the 2013 Voyagers right now. Time to pull the trigger. The trade in's I have been offered have been very poor, but selling it now privately is probably going to be tough.

So what do you think it is worth trade in, and what do you think it is worth private and what are the chances at this time of the season I will be able to move it?

And if anyone is interested in talking about buying by all means speak up. It shows the miles, stone chips..that kind of thing. But this is a rock solid cruiser that is a dream on long runs and still fun to toss through the curves.

Oh, and has a TFI and tuned by the one and only Brian.

Edited by Tonik

Ride it until 100k.  That might be a tough sell this time of year.

Normally I would have already decided to do that. In fact I had decided to do that. But there are killer deals on the Voyager I am getting. 2K in rebates, dealers are dropping them another 1500. So it kind of balances out. And there are not too many left so waiting until spring is a real crap shoot. And the 2014 colors suck. I view house selling the same way. Don't matter if it is an up market or a down market unless you are buying your first house or dramatically up sizing or downsizing.

Plus Mrs. Tonik said OK. That is an opportunity that shouldn't be wasted.

• Upvote 1

Over 50k pretty much kills the value of every bike except BMW's and Goldwings.  Anyone looking to buy this time of year is looking for a smoking deal, just like you are on the Voyager.

Whatever the trade-in offer was + $500-750 is probably a good ballpark for private sale.

I've ridden a Nomad.  They ride pretty well for a bike of that size.

Personally I'd trade it in rather than try to sell it. With those miles everyone is going to low ball you and you will be sitting on it for a long while might as well take the loss now and move on.

Yea, that is where I am headed. Going to strip the aftermarket stuff off it. I can sell it in a heartbeat on a Nomad forum for a grand to 1500. Then trade it in.

I assume "brand spanking new" was because they would smack babies on the ass to make sure they were breathing, and mom would hear them cry.

Haha, no I was wondering if anyone had heard the line 'This is the correct Motorcycle' before. It has a history on another message board during the dot com bust.

Unless you buy and sell fixer uppers or rare bikes, motorcycles are depreciating assets. (I don't want to hear any disagreements from HD owners). With 70K on your 06, seems like you got your money's worth no matter how much you get for it. You could buy the new bike now and sell your old bike in the spring and get more $ for it. GLWS and enjoy the new ride.