Resale on rebuilt titled car

Bad324

I have a trade offer for my VFR that I was heavily considering until I discovered it has a rebuilt title from being rear ended. It looks like a pretty flawless repair job but I've not test driven it or seen in person

My biggest question is with my short attention span I'm looking ahead to how difficult it may be to sell in the future. Has anyone had experience width trying to sell a rebuilt title car?

I have a trade offer for my VFR that I was heavily considering until I discovered it has a rebuilt title from being rear ended. It looks like a pretty flawless repair job but I've not test driven it or seen in person

My biggest question is with my short attention span I'm looking ahead to how difficult it may be to sell in the future. Has anyone had experience width trying to sell a rebuilt title car?

In my experience, the only thing the rebuilt title will affect is resale value.

That said, you can only sell a vehicle for what someone is willing to pay for it anyway.

Test drive it, make sure there aren't any funny handling characteristics due to bent supports or mounts...

If you're willing to buy it, the next person who wants it will be willing to buy it, too.

Edited by magley64

In my experience, the only thing the rebuilt title will affect is resale value.

That said, you can only sell a vehicle for what someone is willing to pay for it anyway.

Test drive it, make sure there aren't any funny handling characteristics due to bent supports or mounts...

If you're willing to buy it, the next person who wants it will be willing to buy it, too.

Thanks captain ;) Edited by Bad324

What is it?

e46 M3. Not straight up, I'd be adding cash. The issue is I think he's wanting more cash than I'm willing due to the title situation. If it were clean, It would be a no brainer Edited by Bad324

Depends on car... Essentially rebuilt title cuts value in half, then you can add some back if it's something desirable like certain sports cars, jeeps, etc... Something that might be a "toy" or something collectible that the next buyer plans keep keep long enough to not worry about resale

Ask you insurance about the impact of insuring a car with a rebuilt title.  You may need to jump through extra hoops of proving the true condition of the car.

Also, you need to understand what to expect any insurance payout to be if it gets wrecked again. 

Ask you insurance about the impact of insuring a car with a rebuilt title.  You may need to jump through extra hoops of proving the true condition of the car.

Also, you need to understand what to expect any insurance payout to be if it gets wrecked again. 

this is a valid point. If he would've come down on price to something more in my ballpark I'd look into it but for now its seeming the deal is dead

I don't think I can justify paying $16k for a 8 year old car with rebuilt title and 89,000 miles no matter how nice it has been fixed