Calm down Repubs

Tonik

Of course you can keep your current plan. That is if you wanna pay 30-50% more than you did before Obummercare

Oh and that's even if you're insurance doesn't just decide to cancel you altogether

My work insurance went up 50-60% in the last 3 or 4 years, and it's still the cheapest way to go.

Bend over...

edit: Actually, very glad I can get VA coverage. When I get to the minimum age to qualify. It's close to free. Can't beat that.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

It was passed so we could find out what was in it, now we are. Turns out it's not cheaper unless you do some strange math tricks.

Paycheck to paycheck math for the average bear, it's going to be painful for a lot of people

Never did get the concept that applying an additional double digit tax on people was going to help the economy either.

I'm not confident this isn't going to get worse as it goes in spite of the glowing comments of the administration saying how successful it is.

Still wondering why your records will be viewed by law enforcement along with other unnamed agencies. Mandatory DNA database?

The exchanges are signing up people for Medicare at record rates but those buying the new policies, not so much.

With the fines being less than the price of a policy for the next few years I wonder how many are just going to pass on the whole thing and pay the fine.

Of course as written there is no enforceable way to collect the fines, yet. I'm certain that will change as well.

But don't loose heart! They are starting to float the idea of a single payer system. And won't that be nice.

And of course everything is going on hold till after the November elections.

I'd cite sources for all the above comments but I'm too depressed.

• Upvote 1

So instead of this constant bitching, why don't we dismantle the representative portion of the government, and have a direct vote?

no more congress, just direct voting on every federal law by the american people...

We have the technology.

So instead of this constant bitching, why don't we dismantle the representative portion of the government, and have a direct vote?

no more congress, just direct voting on every federal law by the american people...

We have the technology.

because the only thing dumber than the collective representation is the collective people that vote in these tards. sadly though i very much enjoy this idea. Even more sad is that some cry baby liberal is gonna say its not fair to those that don't own the technology or have transportation to access the technology or some whiny bullshit cause only poor people vote for them

Edited by Bad324

We have the technology.

Not sure about that kind of direct vote..but I would say the electoral college is certainly obsolete.

because the only thing dumber than the collective representation is the collective people that vote in these tards. sadly though i very much enjoy this idea. Even more sad is that some cry baby liberal is gonna say its not fair to those that don't own the technology or have transportation to access the technology or some whiny bullshit cause only poor people vote for them

We can make it available to everyone, We're giving away cell phones why not generate a wireless "voting" machine that is coded to your dna or fingerprints or something... issued to you at 18...

Seems doable, not "easy" per se... but certainly doable..

If mommy gub'ment can't design and implement a reliable website for online benefits enrollment, what makes you think they could build something like a direct voter system?  with appropriate security to prevent voter fraud?

Yea, maybe Obama can hire the same people he used for Healthcare.gov to do that. 

There is no deadline... We can work on it until it's right, then implement it and roll it out...

It would be a hell of a lot harder for lobbyists to bribe 240 million people...

There is no deadline... We can work on it until it's right, then implement it and roll it out...

It would be a hell of a lot harder for lobbyists to bribe 240 million people...

Still wouldn't change anything.  Obama would lie about everyone keeping their healthcare, put it up to a national vote and they would approve it and we would be right where we are now.

Still wouldn't change anything.  Obama would lie about everyone keeping their healthcare, put it up to a national vote and they would approve it and we would be right where we are now.

wait, how would they approve it? according to national opinion polls "obamacare" was very unpopular Significantly more popular was the affordable care act, but still less than 50% for most of the last 3 years...

Edited by magley64

wait, how would they approve it? according to national opinion polls "obamacare" was very unpopular Significantly more popular was the affordable care act, but still less than 50% for most of the last 3 years...

You are correct, I was under the impression that when it passed it had a favorable rating by the sheeple, but it did not. But on the other hand, so did invading Iraq.

Hey look, Ohio is an Obamacare Winner!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/11/04/49-state-analysis-obamacare-to-increase-individual-market-premiums-by-avg-of-41-subsidies-flow-to-elderly/?partner=yahootix

Eight states will enjoy average premium reductions under Obamacare: New York (-40%), Colorado (-22%), Ohio (-21%), Massachusetts (-20%), New Jersey (-19%), New Hampshire (-18%), Rhode Island (-10%), and Indiana (-3%). Most, but not all, of these states had heavily-regulated individual insurance markets prior to Obamacare, and will therefore benefit from Obamacare’s subsidies, and especially its requirement that everyone purchase health insurance or pay a fine.

The eight states that will face the biggest increases in underlying premiums are largely southern and western states: Nevada (+179%), New Mexico (+142%), Arkansas (+138%), North Carolina (+136%), Vermont (+117%), Georgia (+92%), South Dakota (+77%), and Nebraska (+74%).