Gauging Interest: Tig Welding class/workshop

rawlins87

Spring 2014

Several hours of classroom time

Then 1 on 1 welding instruction

2 days 1st day classroom then 2nd day 45min-1hr time slot per person for welding.

Basic welding class, going over welders, consumables, metals, how to, 101 type class. This class will cover steel, stainless, chromoly, and cast iron.

Possibly a whole second class on aluminum/magnesium.

Lunch may or not may be provided TBD

• Upvote 1

I may be interested in sending a few of my guys to this. We typically weld (Dietrich slide clips) 16 gauge metal to steel. Would you offer any training for this? I can provide the welders and if the cost is in line might even pay you to come to site to teach if that would be easiest for you.  

Cast Iron and chromoly would be interesting, rather it was cast iron and aluminum. Wish it was a one day deal. Learing how to weld is different then being able to actually weld.

• Upvote 1

Cast Iron and chromoly would be interesting, rather it was cast iron and aluminum. Wish it was a one day deal. Learing how to weld is different then being able to actually weld.

Cast iron and chromoly use similar processes. That's why I grouped it together.

I was planning for this event to be held spring of 2014. I was originally thinking mid to late may. This will supply us around 65-70 degree temps and good weather.

Days would be Saturday and Sunday. Or possibly Friday and Saturday.

Possibly options I'm considering:

1 on 1 lessons 4-6hrs

Small size group (3-5 people) with 1 day classroom and 1 day welding (individuals will be given a block of time for the 2nd day. Example client 1 is 12-1 client 2 is 1-2. This way people aren't tied up all day the second day waiting their turn)

Large group (5+) 1 day classroom 2 days for welding. Welding time would correlate to the small groups time span but with more people would take 2 days to cover.

Ideally I would like to have groups of 5. If there is enough interest I can accommodate several groups of 5 but will have to be separate weekends. 1 on 1 training can be during the week.

Edited by rawlins87

I can Tig just fine if I get back in practice, I haven't had access to one since moving to Ohio 6 years ago and I am really rusty.  I just need to get my hands on a reasonably priced welder, if you have any insider info on a good used tig machine with HF start let me know.

Cast Iron and chromoly would be interesting, rather it was cast iron and aluminum. Wish it was a one day deal. Learing how to weld is different then being able to actually weld.

One day class/welding may be in the works but will entail a long day.

• Upvote 1