Plasma or LED/LCD

Tonik

samsung plasma FTW... early black friday deals should be rolling in, or 24 months same as cash at best buy...

Samsung is at the very top of the list. The TV upstairs is a Samsung, very happy with it.

Forget Samsung...I've had 2 plasmas and 1 LCD and all have had multiple issues. I've replaced the IR sensor (for the remote) in one twice and it still randomly brings up menus and stuff. I just read the latest consumer reports and Samsung is pretty high on the most repairs needed list. I've had an LG LED TV for over a year now and it's been flawless.

Love my Pannisonic LCD, it's a refurb that I paid 1/2 price for 4 years ago and works like the day I bought it.  I plan to upgrade next year when we put it in the office to an LED.  My uncle has a 3D LED and it's just sick nasty.  Like paper thin, light, and the pic is so much better than a plasma or LCD. 

Friends have plasma's and LCDS as well and no one really complains about either.  I think any name brand will have one offs and the offbrands will have more issues, BUT when it's like 200 bucks for a 42inch who cares, buy 3 of them and when one breaks replace it, in the end you'll still save $

Forget Samsung...I've had 2 plasmas and 1 LCD and all have had multiple issues. I've replaced the IR sensor (for the remote) in one twice and it still randomly brings up menus and stuff. I just read the latest consumer reports and Samsung is pretty high on the most repairs needed list. I've had an LG LED TV for over a year now and it's been flawless.

I think you're the odd man out here... any chance you bought them from walmart? Walmart buys in bulk, and strongarms the manufacturers to make products cheaper exclusively for them. (not sure if this is the case with samsung tv's or not, just a thought)

No distortion on fast moving sports pics when the camera pans at fast speeds.

this is my only complaint with my LED. Watching baseball and golf is the most noticeable with the blur on mine. I'm told it can be fixed and made a lot better but I've played with the settings and can only get it to where it is now

I think you're the odd man out here... any chance you bought them from walmart? Walmart buys in bulk, and strongarms the manufacturers to make products cheaper exclusively for them. (not sure if this is the case with samsung tv's or not, just a thought)

Nope...Best Buy and HH Gregg. Consumer Reports seems to agree with my experience more or less...BTW, Panasonic had the best rating in terms of reliability. Buy what you want, I'm steering clear of Samsung and I was a huge Samsung proponent at one time.

post-15757-0-42170300-1383666022_thumb.p

Edited by ScubaCinci

Keep in mind that plasmas are more susceptible to burn in if you play video games or watch channels with images that persist (i.e. CNN). I don't think I'll buy another plasma. They get very hot and use a lot of electricity when compared to LED TV's. Won't be long before OLED TV's become affordable and that will be the ticket fo sho

Plasma FTW! I have a 52" Insignia for the last 6 years and not one problem. Only complaint I ever had was sound quality when turning way up for a game or something but a nice surround sound and you are set.

Plasma. Burn in isn't really a problem it goes away. I couldn't tell you the number of times kids have fell asleep playing video games. It goes away after a few hours of regular tv watching. Should also be able to flash the screen from thr menu to clear it up.