paul walker from fast and furious dies in car wreck

Gixxus Christ!

I find it ironic that he made his millions playing a street racer and dies from similar activities.

Is there another article that mentions excessive speed? The one linked didn't say anything about street racing. I did hear that it was a Porsche, but that was third-hand info at 3 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/showbiz/actor-paul-walker-dies/

This says "speed was a factor," but it also makes it sound like they were in a parking lot.

Edit - in an office park. So deserted on the Saturday after thanksgiving. Seems like they were at least going out of their way to avoid putting bystanders in any danger. I can appreciate that.

Edited by redkow97

I was curious last night when I saw the news so I looked up the location using the reports and the images:  34.453319,-118.578994

Looks like they were going East on Hercules toward Constellation.  A few of the images show skid marks toward the accident site starting on the West and leading in at a pretty steep angle.  

They were right down the road from a speed shop owned by the driver.  The shop & Walker were hosting a toy drive/charity event and the people there heard the accident happen.

My guess; taking a quick break from the event to turn a couple laps around the complex(or thats what everyone was doing all day).  Add in a little oversteer and a lightpole or tree.  Hope they died on impact and didn't suffer.  The movies were stupid as hell, but he was a real car guy.  RIP

Edited by RHill
  • Upvote 1

Sad he died so early in his career.

you know he's 40, and they were making the SEVENTH movie in the Fast & Furious franchise, right?

I'm not saying 40 is old, but Paul Walker was in a diaper commercial at age 2.  38 years as a working actor is a pretty long career.

I was actually just thinking the other day that I should watch the ones I haven't seen.  My wife spends Wednesday nights catching up on crap TV with her mom and sister.  This tends to open up a solid 4 hours between work and bed where I can drink beer and watch movies my wife would never otherwise agree to.

I've only seen the first F&F for sure, and maybe either the second or third - don't remember.

We had a F&F marathon at my house on Sunday after hearing the news.  I personally like the later ones and the Fast 6 has a great twist ending that leads into Tokyo Drift. 

Tokyo Drift is technically after Fast 6 if watched in chronological order.

• Upvote 1

I was actually just thinking the other day that I should watch the ones I haven't seen.  My wife spends Wednesday nights catching up on crap TV with her mom and sister.  This tends to open up a solid 4 hours between work and bed where I can drink beer and watch movies my wife would never otherwise agree to.

I've only seen the first F&F for sure, and maybe either the second or third - don't remember.

Imho, the one in Tokyo is lame and has a totally different cast, except for the one who was added to the cast of regulars of the F&F series of movies.