3/8-3/10 Jenningw GP rolecall rideshare info

RHill

Attending????????  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the 3/8-3/10 Jennings Track Day? If, which days?

• Nope, I'm a sad panda.
    • Yes, I'll be there all 3 days
    • Yes, Saturday(8th) and Sunday(9th)
    • Yes, Sunday (9th) and Monday(10th)
  2. 2. Do you have a ride planned? If no and there are limiting factors, choose the prefered dates.

• Yes, leaving friday returning monday
    • Yes, leaving friday returning monday night
    • Yes, leaving friday returning tuesday
    • Yes, leaving Saturday retunring monday night
    • Yes, leaving Saturday retunring tuesday
    • No,leaving friday returning monday
    • No, leaving friday returning monday night
    • No , leaving friday returning tuesday
    • No, leaving Saturday retunring monday night
    • No, leaving Saturday retunring tuesday

Is it time to leave yet?

Brandonator, if you need a hand with anything I'd be more than happy to help out....I'm SOL till my power commander and other crap arrives, about all I can do is put tape on wheel weights.

Is it time to leave yet?

Brandonator, if you need a hand with anything I'd be more than happy to help out....I'm SOL till my power commander and other crap arrives, about all I can do is put tape on wheel weights.

I think HollyMatt and I are getting together at some point. He has to replace a water pump on his bike. I just need to change my oil, go over a few things, and get the trailer loaded up. If you wanna come hang out, maybe turn a wrench, and otherwise just b.s. I'l let you know when we'll be in the garage.

Best part is once in GA, the pavement quality is so great.

Time your drive to avoid Atlanta rush hour as much as possible. You don't want to be anywhere within 30 miles on either side of Atlanta from 4-6 PM.

• Upvote 1

Think we are pretty much screwed with rush hour traffic for Atlanta unless we are leaving at 4-4:30.  It is roughly 11 hrs from Columbiana...add in a half hour for pit stops and we are getting there right as traffic is starting to pick up.  

Other option, 77 through the mountains and toll booths puts us through Charlotte in 7.5hrs which wouldn't be an issue.

Think we are pretty much screwed with rush hour traffic for Atlanta unless we are leaving at 4-4:30. It is roughly 11 hrs from Columbiana...add in a half hour for pit stops and we are getting there right as traffic is starting to pick up.

Other option, 77 through the mountains and toll booths puts us through Charlotte in 7.5hrs which wouldn't be an issue.

Get an EZ Pass if you go that way. Saves you $ on each toll booth. Cheap to get.

I drive that way a few times a year and it pays for itself on the savings and faster to get through the tolls.

Chris.

So what's stopping you?

Maybe we will shoot to leave at 5 Ryan. That's when I get up for work anyways.

When are you guys going. I might be able to pull off two days.

I just checked the site and days are available.

Chris

We were doing the full 3 days; heading down friday and leaving monday afternoon, possibly stopping for a break on the way back.

Matt and Brandon are doing Sunday & Monday, not sure of their travel plans or if their ride filled up.

Think we are pretty much screwed with rush hour traffic for Atlanta unless we are leaving at 4-4:30.  It is roughly 11 hrs from Columbiana...add in a half hour for pit stops and we are getting there right as traffic is starting to pick up.  

We can just cut through the mountains, I figure we are only towing 6k at the max anyways. I tow my car through there a few times a year which is about 7k combined on an open trailer but I have never pulled an enclosed through there so that will make it a little more difficult.

Il pick up an easy pass.

Edited by Jester_

With it being so damn cold, does everyone wait till the last minute to throw the rims/tires on? I don't want to leave them out in the unheated garage longer than necessary.

I've been running a small electric heater in my garage keeping temp around 50F since I don't have coolant in 3 bikes and a stack of race tires.

Chris